Weezle DrySuit Undergarments...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gee, I wonder which other undersuits they're talking about.

Hey, this one time I knew this one guy who used "X" piece of equipment and had a problem with it which means it's crap.....

I don't follow this logic...

Also, if you have a problem venting gas from your drysuit and the srist/neck seals aren't an option why not just pull the zipper?

mstudley:
Hey, this one time I knew this one guy who used "X" piece of equipment and had a problem with it which means it's crap.....

I don't follow this logic...

Do a search....Eric wasn't the first diver to have this problem. What I don't understand is the need for those that have spent money on an obviously flawed piece of gear to defend it.

Also, if you have a problem venting gas from your drysuit and the srist/neck seals aren't an option why not just pull the zipper?

Yeah, he could have also pulled his knife or shears out and cut a hole in the suit to vent, but it's not very practical. Like everything else....easier said than done. I don't think you are grasping quite how rapidly a problem like this becomes a really bad problem.

If the Weezles have proven capable of creating such a fantastic failure, you should buy an undergarment that does not have this problem.

If "one guy" that I knew had a backpacking stove that blew up in his backpack because of a design flaw, I would probably avoid that backpacking stove and get one that doesn't have a tendency to spontaneously combust.

It's sound logic. The Weezles have a design flaw (or two) that IMO is potentially dangerous.

Soggy:
Do a search....Eric wasn't the first diver to have this problem. What I don't understand is the need for those that have spent money on an obviously flawed piece of gear to defend it.

Yeah, he could have also pulled his knife or shears out and cut a hole in the suit to vent, but it's not very practical. Like everything else....easier said than done. I don't think you are grasping quite how rapidly a problem like this becomes a really bad problem.

I'm not convinced that their undersuits are obviously flawed. Some people have had issues, lots haven't. *shrug*

I agree that it's -way- too easy to play armchair quarterback however if it was a choice between either a drysuit repair or a rapid, uncontrolled ascent from 90'... well, equipment is replaceable/fixable.

jonnythan:
If the Weezles have proven capable of creating such a fantastic failure, you should buy an undergarment that does not have this problem.

If "one guy" that I knew had a backpacking stove that blew up in his backpack because of a design flaw, I would probably avoid that backpacking stove and get one that doesn't have a tendency to spontaneously combust.

It's sound logic. The Weezles have a design flaw (or two) that IMO is potentially dangerous.

Is it the undergarment, the valve or a combination of the two? Again, my point is that while some have had issues many haven't. None of these suits are being recalled because of safety issues (to my knowledge). If you have concerns about a product then don't use it but that doesn't by default make it bad/flawed gear.

mstudley:

i've got a rear zipper...not an option...

mstudley:
Is it the undergarment, the valve or a combination of the two? Again, my point is that while some have had issues many haven't. None of these suits are being recalled because of safety issues (to my knowledge). If you have concerns about a product then don't use it but that doesn't by default make it bad/flawed gear.

well, even if it is a combination of the 2, the drysuits don't have the problem with other undergarments, so by using one of the others, you're eliminating the problem...

the original poster asked what people thought of the weezles..we've just voiced something that is negative, it may or may not be a factor for them, but it would be unfair to not say it because it's a negative comment..

mossym:
well, even if it is a combination of the 2, the drysuits don't have the problem with other undergarments, so by using one of the others, you're eliminating the problem...

the original poster asked what people thought of the weezles..we've just voiced something that is negative, it may or may not be a factor for them, but it would be unfair to not say it because it's a negative comment..

Following that line of thought if you used a different exhaust valve you'd also eliminate the problem.

As for discussing both the pros and cons I agree 100%.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom