Weezle DrySuit Undergarments...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ericfine50:
Hi guys,

I was the guy Soggy mentioned in his posts about the Weezle or "Breaching Squid" incident. I have a 1998 CF 200 with hi-profile Si-Tech valves. Loved the weezle until that day.

The negatives of the suit are the outer shell and the amount of gas (air,argon, airgon) that you need to loft the suit. When I removed the undergarment, I had a nice round circle bruise where the exhaust valve was. I was trying to manually dump before I headed to the surface.

As for trying to get the air to vent from the neck seal - I was trying, but hit the surface way to fast. The hood, a Otter Bay 7mm covers my neck seal.

I have since switched to DC's Stretch Thinsulate Extreme and love them. For the colder stuff, I am looking at the C-4 or maybe the Andy's TSR1000.

Eric

Eric,

Just to clarify, was the problem that the undies wouldn't vent fast enough or that they actually got stuck inside the exhaust valve? I can relate to the slow venting, which has been my primary complaint about the Weezles.

Thanks,

Mike

There was a tear in the fabric where the fabric got stuck in the exhaust valve.

mwpowell:
Eric,

Just to clarify, was the problem that the undies wouldn't vent fast enough or that they actually got stuck inside the exhaust valve? I can relate to the slow venting, which has been my primary complaint about the Weezles.

Thanks,

Mike

Thanks Soggy,

The fabric was in the exhaust valve. the cuts on the faberic matched the exhaust valve perfectly

ericfine50:
Thanks Soggy,

The fabric was in the exhaust valve. the cuts on the faberic matched the exhaust valve perfectly

OK, Thanks! I guess I'll go with the duct tape patch until I can scrounge up some C-4s.

Take care,

Mike

Soggy:
There is an inherent flaw in the design of the suit and Weezle even sells a kludgey workaround for the problem.

What's the workaround? Is it something Weezle is selling? Available through authorized dealers or directly from Weezle? A free (LOL) recall issue?

doesn't the fact that they have a workaround scare anyone? it's an admission of something being wrong!!

mossym:
doesn't the fact that they have a workaround scare anyone? it's an admission of something being wrong!!

To be fair, they don't admit to anything...

Mr. Weezle:
Recent reports have shown a number of modern undersuit materials restrict the migration of air, especially when wet. This can have dangerous consequences. Although this problem has been eliminated from the Weezle undersuits, the Expel has been designed to solve this problem occurring in other suits.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom