Weezle DrySuit Undergarments...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi folks. As long as we're talking about different undergarments, I've got a drysuit on order and obtained the DUI Thinsulate Ultra 400G jumpsuit which is supposed to be good for 35-50 degree temps. (I didn't really research this much since I got the jumpsuit for $125 and know I couldn't have gotten anything else for this price.)

Anybody have any words of wisdom on this jumpsuit? Assuming it is too much to wear above the 50 degree mark, what do you folks use in the 50-60 degree range? (Above that, I'd probably still dive wet.)

Thanks.

DavidInNH:
Assuming it is too much to wear above the 50 degree mark, what do you folks use in the 50-60 degree range?

It isn't too much for above 50 degrees. I have only once been too warm in the water, and that was diving in a drysuit in Florida with 85 degree surface temps. Plus, when does it ever get above 50 degrees here? Below 50 feet or so, it'll remain in the 40s for almost the entire season.

If you do manage to make yourself too warm somehow, a 200g thinsulate undergarment (also Type-B, Boot thinsulate, like the 400g, *not* type-c which is uncompressed) will do you well.

(Above that, I'd probably still dive wet.)

Probably not....once you go dry, you probably won't go back.

the people i see around here in 400g in 50deg water generally have another layer on with it...so i don't think you will be too warm..

Man, I'm jealous!!! Where did you get the 400g jumpsuit for $125?

BTW, has anybody got experience with both the 400G and Weezles? I'lld be interested in a comparisons from someone who has dived both.

Mike

DavidInNH:
Hi folks. As long as we're talking about different undergarments, I've got a drysuit on order and obtained the DUI Thinsulate Ultra 400G jumpsuit which is supposed to be good for 35-50 degree temps. (I didn't really research this much since I got the jumpsuit for $125 and know I couldn't have gotten anything else for this price.)

Anybody have any words of wisdom on this jumpsuit? Assuming it is too much to wear above the 50 degree mark, what do you folks use in the 50-60 degree range? (Above that, I'd probably still dive wet.)

Thanks.

mstudley:
Why on earth did they reinforce the shoulders (back, really) with heavier material to prevent a stuck zipper but not continue this down the left chest area where front entry suits are likely to have problems with the material getting caught?

I've got the same complaint. My Weezle has a nice big "battle scar" from the front zipper.

Mike

Yes, I did one dive in a Weezle Extreme in 55 degree water and was freezing after an hour. I now dive 400g thinsulate pretty much exclusively and am rarely cold except during the surface interval in Dec-February.

If you dive with the suit lofted up, maybe the extreme is warmer, but it is not a good choice for an undergarment since it compresses so easily. I mean, come on, they ADVERTISE that it can be crushed up into the size of a football. What does that tell you about the gas trapping abilities of the suit? Think about what actually insulates you in an undergarment....I'll give you a hint, it's *not* the material itself...

mwpowell:
BTW, has anybody got experience with both the 400G and Weezles? I'lld be interested in a comparisons from someone who has dived both.

mwpowell:
Man, I'm jealous!!! Where did you get the 400g jumpsuit for $125?
Mike
eBay - where else? I didn't do much research but figured for the price I was paying, it was worth a chance. If I don't like it, I'm sure I can resell it and get my investment back.

DavidInNH:
eBay - where else? I didn't do much research but figured for the price I was paying, it was worth a chance. If I don't like it, I'm sure I can resell it and get my investment back.

OK, I should of guessed ebay. You did well my friend.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom