Wanna stay down longgerrr

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My guess is he was NOT diving with anything like 45%, but his computer may have been set to that!
People have posted before "oh I'm reading the wrong numbers" and "he doesn't know how to use his computer". Let me make something clear, i ain't new to the diving world and i ain't making sh*t up. I have certification to use EAN45 but i don't, on those last dives i BELIEVE i was using EAN38. When making your calculations have you taken into account that it was a repetitive dive as mentioned?
My computer is a Mares with RGBM deco model.
But again, i'm no Dive doctor and you may know more than me but let's revert back to the original question:
How can i extend my Bottom Time "limit" and MOD , and what equipment should i acquire or upgrade to make that happen , if at all .
Thx <TG>

on those last dives i BELIEVE i was using EAN38. When making your calculations have you taken into account that it was a repetitive dive as mentioned?
Yes, but you accumulate almost no CNS % on your first dive at 50 ft. And not much at 70 ft, for your second dive. The key to accumulating CNS percentage is PPO2 (depends on O2% and depth) and time. You did not have enough O2% or depth or time to get to 70% CNS.
i ain't new to the diving world and i ain't making sh*t up.
Maybe not making it up, but maybe something is set wrong on yor computer?
How can i extend my Bottom Time "limit" and MOD , and what equipment should i acquire or upgrade to make that happen , if at all .
This question is unanswerable until we figure how where the problem is.

Your questions were answered in posts #2 and #3. However, to follow through with their advice get yourself a dive computer that is more suited to technical diving. I recommend the Shearwater Perdix.

Capt T Goetz:
But again, i'm no Dive doctor and you may know more than me but let's revert back to the original question: How can i extend my Bottom Time "limit" and MOD , and what equipment should i acquire or upgrade to make that happen , if at all.

Let me make something clear, i ain't new to the diving

You may not be new to diving but the questions you ask and the stuff you are saying makes it clear you aren’t ready to do deco dives on your own.
Start by taking a class so you know what CNS is. If you understand the basic stuff you will be able to plan your own dives without relying on some strangers on a forum.

Every person can put on twins and jump in the water, even getting to the bottom isn’t hard. It’s making it back to the surface that might be challenging if something out of the expected happens.

People have posted before "oh I'm reading the wrong numbers" and "he doesn't know how to use his computer".

Not what I wrote.

BTW I have done back to back dives with similar max depths like yours but with total dive times over 60 minutes as I came shallower in the last half of the dives. On the second dive I would start with 2% or 3% cns as it has reduced during surface time. On the second dive my max cns will be around 10 - 12%

tursiops wrote "Yes, but you accumulate almost no CNS % on your first dive at 50 ft. And not much at 70 ft, for your second dive. The key to accumulating CNS percentage is PPO2 (depends on O2% and depth) and time. You did not have enough O2% or depth or time to get to 70% CNS"

I agree with his statement. If you are diving in air mode with 21% your dives are shallow at 21m 70 foot depth. Look at this dive chart. I have it to show Depth, orange line PPO2 and the Green Line CNS. It was my second dive of the day to retrieve a dropped camera rig to 45m max depth. The CNS climbs from 3% to 8% PPO2 also very low. Perhaps try a different dive computer like a perdix on the same dive with your current dive computer and compare the data after repeat dives. You could have a faulty reading on your own dive computer for CNS?

SCREENSHOT.jpg

However, to follow through with their advice get yourself a dive computer that is more suited to technical diving.

Simpler to learn to use the NOAA Oxygen exposure tables. Maybe it's a good idea for a diver to do these hand calculations a couple of times so he/she will be more sensitive to if/when his/her dive computer is giving strange results.

rx7diver

Simpler to learn to use the NOAA Oxygen exposure tables. Maybe it's a good idea for a diver to do these hand calculations a couple of times so he/she will be more sensitive to if/when his/her dive computer is giving strange results.

rx7diver
That is why I am suggesting a AN/DP class.

There may have been some bad education in the past, a computer not worth a crap, really don't know. The CNS problem listed should not exist. Really it can't. That is what is so confusing about this. Claims of a problem that nobody can run the numbers to even get close to.

Thx <TG>

I agree with others, taking AN/DP would enlighten you to a lot of answers you don't even have the questions for just yet.

Generally to your main question. you can not extend NDL and MOD at the same time. These are two apposing forces.

Edit: Your square profile dives as described only give 27% CNS loading in Subsurface with a 30min surface interval. My last dive was 30 minutes at an average bottom depth of ~250' with nearly 2.5 hours deco on rich nitrox. My CNS was 76% at the end of that dive.

@Capt. T. Goetz
When you say you did two dives, first at 50 ft and then at 70 ft.......are those depths the maximum depths of the dive, or the average depths? If average, how was it calculated?

Back
Top Bottom