Wanna stay down longgerrr

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think before you look at stages you need to revise a bit with gas planning/ management. adding a stage (or several) isn't something you should be doing to extend the dive, its fine having rich mixes for deco, but your gas planning should always include adequate back gas to complete any deco you rack up, the stages are simply there to accelerate that deco shedule one the working section of the dive is done.
This is confusing stages with deco bottles. Stages are used to extend the dive. Deco bottles are used to shorten the deco.

I do 3 or 4 dives a day to NDL and never get limited by CNS.

Diving with a Perdix it is highly unlikely you will hit CNS max without accelerated deco. As Shearwater treats oxygen toxicity similar to nitrogen off gassing, so the percentage reduces based on your surface time.

after noticing further down the forum another post of yours it appears youre also using an ffm, with your twinset, is that correct?
Yes, and duh i know i "can't" use that with stage bottles...
And btw i noted that my example weren't completely accurate, i don't need more gas, it's just that instead of getting to CNS%70 at some depth after 45mins, i would like to prolong that. As i previously stated the CNS isn't ENDING my dives, but being a cautious diver as we all should be i stop way before that.

The only way you are getting to 70% of the recommended CNS max is if you are diving pretty close to a PPO2 of 1.6.

The highest I've ever gotten using oxygen on deco is 36%.

@Capt. T. Goetz Could you please slow down, take a deep breath, and please explain how you are getting to 75% CNS on a moderate-depth, NDL dive? The piece-meal stuff you are saying makes no sense.

Manatee Diver wrote "The only way you are getting to 70% of the recommended CNS max is if you are diving pretty close to a PPO2 of 1.6.The highest I've ever gotten using oxygen on deco is 36%."

I just went back over my last 200 dives none of them exceeded NDL and I do get to 1 or 2 mins to NDL on some dives. I often have 90 minutes to 2 hours surface time between dives. I do not have any dive log where my CNS has been more than 10%
I only have one moderate dive max depth to 26m where I was between 24m to 26m for around 25 minutes... so when I was checking my air I took a shot of my Perdix to see the PO2 which is .74. This was the second dive of the day and the previous morning dive max depth was 21m. It is also the highest PO2 reading I recall seeing as well.

So if Capt. T. Goetz is claiming he sees readings of 75% CNS and not exceeding NDL I certainly do not see how. I'm do not have the knowledge as some others here do I can only research my own dive logs and check. My dive log shows my CNS was 2% at start of this dive and ended with 8%

25m PO2.jpg

Please provide an accurate dive profile of what you are now diving.
Please provide a dive profile that you want to progress to.

We are 5 pages into this thread and nobody can figure out what kind of dive profile you are doing. What gasses you are using. or how you are getting to the numbers you say you are getting.

I still say AN/DP would be good. But now for a completely different reason, figuring out what NDL and CNS numbers you are using. You may not need to change anything except your calculations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom