Wanna stay down longgerrr

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

But it's not only that(130fsw for 25min), it's also say 45min at 55 or 60fsw.

i WILL break the NDL barrier, it's just a matter of a rebreather or sling oxy bottles to push me across. And using EAN21 the whole time, I'm gonna need like twin 100s or something(currently on twin63s btw) and a damn long deco or deep stop....
thanks for all the input <TG>

I think before you look at stages you need to revise a bit with gas planning/ management. adding a stage (or several) isn't something you should be doing to extend the dive, its fine having rich mixes for deco, but your gas planning should always include adequate back gas to complete any deco you rack up, the stages are simply there to accelerate that deco shedule one the working section of the dive is done.

after notocing your other thread just now, a month ago, asking about switching to a twinset from a single, have to agree with everyone here about the deco course. its not really about carrying more gas, you can get yourself in a pickle really quickly if you start adding more gas without the knoledge to use it safely, looking at the other thread youre bot concerned so much with redundancy, you really shouldnt be running twins with a single set of regs. you use the twinset to provide a failsafe firat and foremost. yes it increases your overall available gas but you need to be able to isolate effectively before you start racking up a ceiling mate. honestly a deco class will help so much more than other bits of kit that youre not ready for and dont understand how to use. dive safe.

But it's not only that(130fsw for 25min), it's also say 45min at 55 or 60fsw.

45mins at 60ft is a no deco dive, even on air its no deco. Why are you bringing 100% on this dive at all? If you want to be more conservative you can dive 32% with air tables (and you're miles away from having a deco obligation or needing anything more than a decent sized single tank)

I did the math once, even using the conservative NOAA 24 hour rolling window, you have to be diving pretty aggressively, like 5 dives a day pushing max depth (based on 1.4 max) and max NDL each dive for two or more days, to be CNS limited. That is why I was confused. But now that he clarified he means being limited by the MOD.

I do 3 or 4 dives a day to NDL and never get limited by CNS. MOD on the other hand if he is on Nitrox 26% probably going to 40m. I can easily exceed NDL limits and do Deco dives even on a single tank as I have a quite good SAC rate. My issue is knowing my dive buddy and whether or not he can match my SAC rate as the limiting factor on a single tank will some people be able to complete deco obligations safely and still have plenty of air. Can always do a sidemount and bring an extra tank.

BSAC Sports diving was all Deco on Air back in the 80's. That's how I was trained but now pretty much dive at vacation padi run centers so stay within NDL unless maybe diving deco planned dive.

Maybe DECO planned air dives would be suitable. ??

CNS limited on a non-deco dive?

Even after multiple 3 - 4 dives a dive for 10 - 12 days at a time I've never seen my CNS exceed 10% only any of my dive logs for my Perdix for staying within NDL limits

after noticing further down the forum another post of yours it appears youre also using an ffm, with your twinset, is that correct?

Remember the KISS principle. Keep it simple!
You have already a twin set, just use two independent regs, and you are ready to go beyond NDL, either with plain air (which I always prefer) or with a moderately enriched air. No need for a pony tank or an hyper-oxygenated deco tank.
Also, get rid of that FF mask. That makes much more difficult to switch between your two regs. As said, keep it simple!

Remember the KISS principle. Keep it simple!

You can only keep it simple if the dives you are doing allow you to do so. If you are more ambitious and want to go further you have to add some more complexity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom