* * * Vortoberfest III (2007) Mega Dive Plan * * *

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

photohikedive:
yeah, but the RULES said no alchohol at the pavilions, I think

I doubt they enforce allowing beer in one area, and not another. Regardless, we can always do the beer tasting at a common campsite.

Like the others said...Morrison is like 10 minutes away from vortex, and I really enjoyed that spring last time i dove it. Would love to try cypress as well.

Aye, but you haven't experienced the great beach dives(including actual wrecks) that the Northern Gulf Coast has to offer.

Like you've said, you've already dove Morrison :p

count me in,wherever it is held,i could probably scronge up a canoe or small boat to hit the other springs. maybe carpool dawg or kraken,that would help with the dive fees.

Load 'em up !!!!

the K

The Kraken:
Hey, who's trying to take over my Vortoberfest !?!?!?!?!?!

It's the 3rd weekend in October.

That's the way it is !

The Kraken

Well Kraken, incase everyone else forgot I remember when you posted that you were going to Vortex the 3rd week of October and wanted to know if anyone else wanted to camp out and do a few dives that weekend. You actually posted that from that weekend 2005 and forever more you were going to be at Vortex on the 3rd weekend and everyone is invited and the name shall be called "Vortoberfest".

Sounds like you were the Genesis of Vortoberfest and THE founding member.

Anyway I hope I can make it down there this year.

I figger I can haul Yellow Angel Fish, 4 other divers, all our gear, the Kauldron of the Kraken and myself using the van and our trailer.

I'd be leaving the Atlanta area around 1is that Friday. If anyone is interested let me know.

the K

yay! vortoberfest. see you all there. and some i haven't seen in awhile!

Sheesh!! It took me 30 minutes just to wade through all of these posts in this thread. So is there a consolidated concensus that Vortex is the place?

Also is there an agenda/schedule for the weekend? The reason I ask this is so that if people did want to go off and beach dive or go to Cypress, they could have an idea on what times to plan around so as a group people will know what time people are getting together for the "fest"ivities. I realize that things are pretty flexible, but maybe if someone put together a schedule of things, it would be easy to plan whatever.

Is anyone considering entering the cavern at Vortex?

Just a newbie asking questions....

The only plan is that there isn't one !!!

Just kidding.

The only thing that we ever plan is starting the grill a little before dusk to get the goodies cooked. We start eating at about dark:thirty unitl . . . . .

The beer sampling begins before that.

The main plan is just to come together, meet one another, talk about our diving and have a good time.

the K

Back
Top Bottom