* * * Vortoberfest III (2007) Mega Dive Plan * * *

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SuPrBuGmAn:
Moonie? Again?! :D...
vmoonride.jpg

vmanmoon.jpg

vrickmoon.jpg

panhandvr:
I like vortex for camping but morrison and cypress do seem the better dive options . vortex will probably be too silted down to 5 to 10' viz.
That time of year is better than now, but it was even cloudy on our night dive last year.

panhandvr:
too silted down to 5 to 10' viz.

...and we can enjoy that kinda sightseeing at Becton, without the crowds :)

Rick Murchison:
Nope. One day's diving and one air fill.
Rick

I heard they were doing away with the "one air fill" included in the $32/day dive fee sometime this year. I don't know if they've implemented that yet.

Was just going to be $32/day with nothing extra. (except the locals 'knife fights' come free with your paid overnight stay in the campground. No I'm not kidding. See this report from vortex that included the incident.)

Think rain.
Minor inconvenience with Vortex's facilities...
Major PITA at Gulf State Park (unless there's a covered pavilion I don't know about).
Anyway, my (strong) preference is for Vortex, but like I said, I'll go where the beer is, and if most folks want to be at Gulf State Park I'll join you there. :)
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Think rain.
Minor inconvenience with Vortex's facilities...
Major PITA at Gulf State Park (unless there's a covered pavilion I don't know about).
Anyway, my (strong) preference is for Vortex, but like I said, I'll go where the beer is, and if most folks want to be at Gulf State Park I'll join you there. :)
Rick

There are pavillions at Gulf State Park.

I don't honestly care where it'll be held, I'm going to fight on both sides regardless of what happens :p :14:

SuPrBuGmAn:
I just thought that was funny :rofl3:

well, i guess hopping into the middle of this thread seemed like a strange way to be introduced to most of the people who've been on this thread, haha. i know a guy who has dived morrison, he seems to think its a good place to hop into. i'd be down for that.

btw...

SuPrBuGmAn:
Think, Alabama Gulf State Pier, Whiskey Wreck
...and?

...West Beach Paddlewheeler, Paul's Shrimpboat... but don't expect anyone to show you these particular sites :) A bit further east is P'Cola Beach Reef, Navarre Beach Pier, there area few other wrecks in that direction as well - but I don't know exactly where...

Still, the seawall, jetties, and bridge can be dived at slack tides.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom