3D mapping and dive guide development planned for Curacao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as solo dives go, I can neither confirm nor deny the complete absence of any scuba police at AllWest.
It's been awhile, but last I contacted Go West (the dive op.) via e-mail to ask about it, they didn't sound like fans of it (or inclined to publicize a willingness to support it), but they did allow it if one had the proper certification and gear. If I were planning a trip, I'd confirm that with them directly.

Unfortunately, their diver safety page currently states:

"Solo Diving is not allowed under any circumstance(s)."

Yet they offer the PADI Self-reliant diver course.

On the other hand, it also states:

"The use of Dive Surface Marker Buoys & Reels are required by Law for all shore diving on Curacao." I don't know why anyone would wish to be low-key about support, but maybe so.

It's my understanding it's common knowledge most shore divers in Curacao don't use one.

Anyone interested in using Go West as their dive op. to support shore diving, and planning solo shore diving, perhaps should contact them directly and privately.

"The use of Dive Surface Marker Buoys & Reels are required by Law for all shore diving on Curacao." I don't know why anyone would wish to be low-key about support, but maybe so.

It's my understanding it's common knowledge most shore divers in Curacao don't use one.

Anyone interested in using Go West as their dive op. to support shore diving, and planning solo shore diving, perhaps should contact them directly and privately.

ICBW but I think the flag thing changed sometime between 2014 and 2018. I remember dragging the flag on the first visit, and in 2018 GoWest people were like "flag? what flag?" o_O Maybe someone should tell them about their webpage.

For the solo thing I did say AllWest, not GoWest. At the former you have the key to the tank room and no police on site, at the shop things are less informal.

Ian,
What time-frame are you looking yo complete you new book?

Love your other books, have both paperback and electronic (like electronic for travel and use the paper for pre trip planning).

Back
Top Bottom