* * * Vortoberfest III (2007) Mega Dive Plan * * *

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaYoda:
I missed everyone being together as much last year. It seemed like we didn't spend as much time together as the first year. Dives together are great but time together, putting each other and ScubaBoard down, these are what Vortoberfest is made of.

OK, who's with me? YAAAAAAAAAAAA..............

why do I have a feeling that this could go very bad for me?

photohikedive:
why do I have a feeling that this could go very bad for me?
:rofl3: :popcorn: :rofl3: :popcorn: :rofl3:

photohikedive:
I have a feeling that this will be great for everyone!

I think you're right!!

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

I've put the date up in the first post, and merged the threads

So, with the date settled, the discussion of where can begin in earnest.
Vortex is easy, Vortex is convenient, Vortex has that covered area with tables should it decide to pour (not unknown in that part of the world).
Vortex charges too much, but if I start laying $2.50 a week aside now... noooo problem, eh?
The tides suck for the jetties the whole month of October...
I will of course go where the beer is, but my vote's for sticking with Vortex.
Rick

hey folks,

i'm a serious noob, but me and the g/f would really enjoy comin down for such an event. (anywhere there is beer and brats is always good, but there's also the newfound hobby of diving). i guess i could consider it a warmer version of deer camp. anyway, i've never dived any of these places, but i know the orange beach/gulf shores area better, because i've been there a lot. and $32 just to dive in a spring seems kind of expensive, particularly since i will be only OW and Nitrox certified (i.e. no night diving, etc.). anyway, just my thoughts. good to meet all of y'all, i guess.

SeaYoda:
My .02 ....

Things have changed at Vortex. The price is up and the viz is down. Maybe those with connections here could pursuade the owners to sooth the savage SB beasts by offering a discount ?????

I don't mind meeting at Vortex, but diving is too expensive for what you get. I'll be buying the entry fee alone if we end up there. I'll dive elsewhere.

Sounds like hardly anyone plans to dive at Vortex if it's held there.
Me included.

Rick Murchison:
Vortex charges too much, but if I start laying $2.50 a week aside now... noooo problem, eh?

heh... You know that Vortex is charging too much when you see divers
having to put a trip there on "Lay-away"! :rofl3:

biggmarty:
hey folks,

i'm a serious noob, but me and the g/f would really enjoy comin down for such an event. (anywhere there is beer and brats is always good, but there's also the newfound hobby of diving). i guess i could consider it a warmer version of deer camp. anyway, i've never dived any of these places, but i know the orange beach/gulf shores area better, because i've been there a lot. and $32 just to dive in a spring seems kind of expensive, particularly since i will be only OW and Nitrox certified (i.e. no night diving, etc.). anyway, just my thoughts.

Here's the thing with Vortex. Morrison is just down the road, and its free. Cypress is just up the river and is free(if you have a small boat/canoe/kayak) or simply costs the amount to rent a canoe.

Night diving is like diving during the day, except, with a couple of flashlights(or not, Vortex has enough ambient light with the street lights in the area that we dive without them at times - this scares the crap out of everyone else in the water WITH lgihts).

biggmarty:
good to meet all of y'all, i guess.

I just thought that was funny :rofl3:

biggmarty:
... particularly since i will be only OW and Nitrox certified (i.e. no night diving, etc.).
Oh, horse poop! Moonie & I will take you night diving!
Rick :)

Maybe we could all plan to dive Morrison together. If it's flooded, have Cypress as a back-up. We should be able to get a large enough flotilla of "doom" craft to transport all of us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom