* * * Vortoberfest III (2007) Mega Dive Plan * * *

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

biggmarty:
... particularly since i will be only OW and Nitrox certified ...
Be proud to be OW - I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Never say "only", You are more certified than I am :thumb:

Ninja Night dives at Vortex may be worth the price - only if the pond is full of newbies that get spooked easy :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

Let me reitterate....

*** $2.50 a week between now & then! ***

will cover the diving fees at Vortex.
I know you can all hack that!
Rick :D

Rick Murchison:
Oh, horse poop! Moonie & I will take you night diving!
Rick :)

Moonie? Again?! :D

SeaYoda:
Maybe we could all plan to dive Morrison together. If it's flooded, have Cypress as a back-up. We should be able to get a large enough flotilla of "doom" craft to transport all of us.

That would be fun, there was hardly any group diving last year :/ The first year, we had a big group(sorta) at Morrison and did the cleanup dive. It was great!

MorrisonGroup.jpg

Rick Murchison:
Let me reitterate....

It's just the principle of the $32, not that the amount can't be accumulated.
Were you ever a used car salesman or IRS agent :D.

BRANDY:
Does the 32 bucks a Vortex include the camping?
Nope. One day's diving and one air fill.
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Let me reitterate....

I know Rick. Im just trying to put all the tight wads at ease. Just help me out here:crafty:

SeaYoda:
It's just the principle of the $32, not that the amount can't be accumulated.
Were you ever a used car salesman or IRS agent :D.
Naw, but with the tides being the way they are, the only good jetty diving will be at zero dark thirty - so if we're going to get any Gulf diving that's better than Vortex that means boats, and $32/day won't even get you out of the bay!
So $32 ain't so bad, really, even if it is "too much."
Rick

Rick Murchison:
Naw, but with the tides being the way they are, the only good jetty diving will be at zero dark thirty - so if we're going to get any Gulf diving that's better than Vortex that means boats, and $32/day won't even get you out of the bay!

Lest the location changes to a place where the Gulf diving isn't dictated by tides... Think, Alabama Gulf State Pier, Whiskey Wreck, and the like :wink: High Tide, Low Tide, it really doesn't matter at these sites. Dive em all day long, all night long.

I like vortex for camping but morrison and cypress do seem the better dive options . vortex will probably be too silted down to 5 to 10' viz.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom