* * * Vortoberfest III (2007) Mega Dive Plan * * *

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T'is just a name, isn't there a saying about a flower or some crap like that?

Vortoberfest is about comradery! Not location :D

This whole thread should be merged with the Vortoberfest Sticky, since this is where all the discussion is :D

Now c'mon matt, admit it.... the real reason you wanna do Orange beach is because it's your backyard... right? :D

Right now the most important thing is the date!
So, October 20-21 set in concrete?
We have plenty of time to sort out details like where or what to call it... :D
Rick

Fine with me.

Here's the thing with the date, its 6 months away. If you really want to go, you'll change plans to work with the date. If the dates not good for you, you're more likely to cancel due to conflicting dates as other obligations come up closer to Vortoberfest time.

I say we set a date, and stick with it. Those who want to participate, will be there. Those who find it important to be somewhere else, won't be there. I'm OK with that.

DawgDiver:
Now c'mon matt, admit it.... the real reason you wanna do Orange beach is because it's your backyard... right? :D

Read up a bit, I'll be there wherever it'll be. Gulf Shores/Orange Beach does infact offer quite a bit of accomodations(in alot of aspects, more than Vortex) and for cheaper.

Does its location sway my decision one way? Sure does :) As does Vortex's location sways your opinion - as you've already stated.

I know, I was just messing with you. Honestly, I'll probably come either way. Y'all decide. But it seems there are some people who want to stick with tradition. I just wanna dive and enjoy brats and beer.

DawgDiver:
I just wanna dive and enjoy brats and beer.

That IS the tradition :)

That, and Mike_s starting a Vortoberfest thread far too many months in advance, and later on not show up :p OK, I provoked him a bit to start the thread this year, but thats not important :D

My .02 ....

Things have changed at Vortex. The price is up and the viz is down. Maybe those with connections here could pursuade the owners to sooth the savage SB beasts by offering a discount ?????

I don't mind meeting at Vortex, but diving is too expensive for what you get. I'll be buying the entry fee alone if we end up there. I'll dive elsewhere.

I missed everyone being together as much last year. It seemed like we didn't spend as much time together as the first year. Dives together are great but time together, putting each other and ScubaBoard down, these are what Vortoberfest is made of.

OK, who's with me? YAAAAAAAAAAAA..............

Yeah, the whole three seperate groups thing... thats gotta go. We need to get everyone together, so we can fight it out face to face :D

Back
Top Bottom