* * * Vortoberfest III (2007) Mega Dive Plan * * *

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt you have any plans for hitting cypress that weekend?

In the past, I've hit Cypress on Sundays. I'm not opposed to doing the same this year. I can take one other diver with me(with two tanks) or two divers with single tanks. I don't like to go through the trouble of diving Cypress without doing two dives, so if I take two passengers, I'd want to run back between dives to swap tanks out.

Hey Mike, Are you coming to Vortoberfest?

Anyone got room in their campsite for 1 person and a small tent? I will share the campsite cost. I just do not want a whole site for just me.

I'm going to try to make it. The wife has another event that weekend and it might mean me keeping the young-un. Either that or I might do a drive down early saturday morning. Gotta figure it all out. Too early to tell right now, but if I can swing it, I'll be there.

It would be easy for me to rent a canoe, that way we have all we need. I agree, its a two dive trip.

That'd leave room for one(with two tanks) on the Miss Jellyfish :)

what's the max boat size for "the area"?

What do you have in mind? Draft is the biggest concern. At current water levels ,the run to the spring is only a foot, foot and a half deep.

Don't expect to take an offshore boat to the spring :) I've seen some smaller bayboats there though. For the most part, you'll see bass boats, john boats, canoes, and kayaks. The occasional airboat will also roar in.

Lots of submerged trees in the creek leading to the run that demand slow running to avoid unless you know the way around them :)

I will have to see what time I could possibly do that on sunday. As of now it is official, Paige ( Parysa ) started her open water classes and her open water cert dives run through sunday but should be over early sunday.

Ah, I see. Its typically an early startup time for Cypress on Sunday since most of us have to work on Monday and we need to get back home and cleanup Sunday afternoon.

If I can come, I'm going to attempt to bring my "BOAT OF DOOM" to make the Cypress run!

(of course I'll be following Bugman up the river though to figure out where to go! :rofl3:)

Back
Top Bottom