* * * Vortoberfest III (2007) Mega Dive Plan * * *

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome Parysa! Yikes! I was actually born and raised in Cullman (close to Smith Lake Park area) and escaped to Gardendale when I landed a job here...lol. If you need any tips about the area, feel free to PM me. :)

Who is heading to Vortex on Friday? I will be heading down that way Friday morning and was hoping to get in some dives at Morissons on a weekday. Anyone want to as well? Looking for a buddy.

Who is heading to Vortex on Friday? I will be heading down that way Friday morning and was hoping to get in some dives at Morissons on a weekday. Anyone want to as well? Looking for a buddy.

I have not finalized my plans but I expect I'll be arriving Wednesday in Panama City. I'm planning a boat dive and possibly shore dives at St. Andrews. I've not checked the tides. I could probably meet you at Morrison's. I am planning on going to Blue Water on the 20th. We can talk then.

I'm looking to get there on Friday, sometime mid-day probably. I'd be up for Morrison unless I can get someone interested in a little Miss Jellyfish boatride to check out a potential cavern dive north of I-10. Even then, I'd be up for Morrison in the afternoon :D

I'm looking to get there on Friday, sometime mid-day probably. I'd be up for Morrison unless I can get someone interested in a little Miss Jellyfish boatride to check out a potential cavern dive north of I-10. Even then, I'd be up for Morrison in the afternoon :D
I would accompany you on that ride.

I could do Morrisons in the am and then a boat ride and then Morrisons in the pm.

Next it will be,"Paige needs her own gear fund". Currently I have a "Clay needs cavern class and gear fund".
Hey, good idea! :wink: However, I'm also accepting donations to the "Paige needs a job fund," just so you know I'm not a total bum, lol. Don't mention additional classes yet...I don't even have my OW yet and I've already got a list (mainly full of stuff I said I'd never do, lol).
Yeah, I just recently moved to Cullman. I'm beginning to think I'm going to have to look at Birmingham. I've already told Kevin I might just have to get a weekend job in Montgomery, since I'm usually down there anyway, lol.

I dive at ABWA in Pelham about once a month and head to the gulf about once a month too. You and your B/F should join us one day.
I'm sure he'd love that! And, once I get certified, I'm sure I would, too! :D

And now, back to . . .

VORTOBERFEST III

Welcome Parysa! Yikes! I was actually born and raised in Cullman (close to Smith Lake Park area) and escaped to Gardendale when I landed a job here...lol. If you need any tips about the area, feel free to PM me. :)
Thanks! I plan to escape Cullman as soon as it's feasible, lol. Unfortunately, I think I'm stuck here for the year.

Excellent topical realignment, there. I'm still trying to come up with what I'm going to bring. I'm tempted to bring my CO2 forced carbonation rig so I can make pleasant non-ethanol-based beverages for myself and any other "dry" divers that happen to be there.

(The whole -oberfest part is kinda lost on us, but that can't be helped.)

Back
Top Bottom