* * * Vortoberfest III (2007) Mega Dive Plan * * *

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not going to hold my breath for the price to stay this way until Vortoberfest.
Oh, I think we can count on it; the new owners took a tour of other North FL springs and brought the price in line with the rest.
And, I expect the new owners to start taking a look at SB soon, too... Smedley put the "word" on 'em that it'd be a good idea :)
Rick

My name is Shane Schiller, I am the new manager of Vortex Spring. I am very happy to say that it is true, I have dropped the price to $19.00 and I am still giving a free air fill with purchase. I would also like to say that the feud is still going on, and I appreciate our loyal patrons bearing with me through this. I want to run an honest, fair business--plain and simple. I plan to keep the rates low and comparable to other springs. I apologize for the inconvienance the feud has caused already, I am doing my best and will continue to do my best to make it right in any way possible.

My name is Shane Schiller, I am the new manager of Vortex Spring. I am very happy to say that it is true, I have dropped the price to $19.00 and I am still giving a free air fill with purchase. I would also like to say that the feud is still going on, and I appreciate our loyal patrons bearing with me through this. I want to run an honest, fair business--plain and simple. I plan to keep the rates low and comparable to other springs. I apologize for the inconvienance the feud has caused already, I am doing my best and will continue to do my best to make it right in any way possible.

I think all the divers who have enjoyed Vortex are happy to support you in any way! this will be my first camping experience there, but looking at the company of fine divers that are going to be there for this event, I am really excited to be participating at your site! We all just want to have fun, dive and meet great people! Thanks for allowing us to do this!

Happy diving!
Carolyn:sharks:

Glücklicher Tauchen und teilend gute Speise und Bier!

Shane...

how about either here or in a new thread telling us about what plans the new management has for Vortex?

like what's being changed? whats's being upgraded/improved? etc?

Shane...

how about either here or in a new thread telling us about what plans the new management has for Vortex?

like what's being changed? whats's being upgraded/improved? etc?

Shane,
Welcome to SB. I'd like to reinforce Mike's comments. We both live in NA as opposed to LA, so if you commit to diving trip as far south as Vortex and not into caving, might as well drive the extra time and hit the salt water.
Howard

Wooooo Hooooo ! ! ! !

By the way, I'm looking for 6 divers to do a 2 tank off shore dive Saturday morning.

I'll make the arrangements with the Dive Locker, but I will need solid, I'm really gonna do it committments from any of those who say they want to participate.

These will probably be Nitrox dives.

the K

I'll take a spot.

OK, Frog Man and Snep, you guys are booked in.

It's a six-pack so there are two slots left.

Cost (trip only, 2 tank, off shore) is $89.46, tax included.

the K

Sweet. Got to hit the Saltwater when you are that close. What could be better than a boat dive with some new friends and some not so new. Notice, I did not say Old.

Thanks for the update Shane. I hope to put Vortex back on my list to dive. The price will help make it a consideration again. If your operation has a fair product at a fair price, I think Doc can have his property and you will be supported by the dive community. It is fair for divers to support a business that supports their obsession.

Two other issues that I see are the colorful natives and the clarity of the water. If this is to be a better dive operation, these areas need improvement. The water has not been as clear as before the Koi were introduced and the cave facility was worked on. The natives are entertaining but are too rowdy and muck up the basin when allowed in there. Morrison is down the road and, for now, you can find times of clear water and no indigenous personnel blocking the spring. It has lots of natural appeal but you have dive facilities and lodging to offer. Morrison will not go away and more people know about it since the prices went up at your place. It will take some time and effort to win divers back but it can be done.

You might want to exploit your proximity to Morrison. Some one wishing to dive at Morrison will go there. Morrison has no plans to have a dive shop. You could supply the needs of those going there. I just bring all my gear and have tanks filled before I get there. I used to be able to rent a tank or get fills at your place. Gear rentals used to be OK to take to Morrison (proper security was exacted for the shop by keeping a driver's license). Tank fills were the same price as on site diving. I would give you my business again if it didn't cost me more to do so. Your shop is convenient and I'd like to support you but I'm not giving you money that I could keep in my pocket to use another day :D.

I wish you luck in your adventures and hope to be diving with you and using your services in the future.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom