* * * Vortoberfest III (2007) Mega Dive Plan * * *

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you keep your cool, keep the volume relatively low, and keep to your campsite(or under the GrandView), you won't have any problems.

I've tested this successfully :D

You can make reservations if you want a campsite near the festivites, if you don't, you'll get a campsite wherever one is available - maybe the other site of the campsite itself.

The sites are basic, pretty much stacked next to each other, but with enough room on each for a couple tents and a couple vehicles. Power/water is available, lots of them have picnic tables and grills.

I think I am in too (but it is late Fri night and I have been drinking, so may have forgot something........) ....no worries Auburn folks...I am sure someone will have radios/tvs we can scream at....lol. Just get me in the water and I can bring something German to celebrate!!

:wink:
Special K

Hey, Vortoberfest is as good a place as any to tailgate to listen/watch your favorite gridiron matchup . . . plus the added benefit of meeting other divers and diving !!!!

the K

If you keep your cool, keep the volume relatively low, and keep to your campsite(or under the GrandView), you won't have any problems.

I've tested this successfully :D

I kinda figured that was pretty much the way it is.

You can make reservations if you want a campsite near the festivites, if you don't, you'll get a campsite wherever one is available - maybe the other site of the campsite itself.

Since I haven't been to Vortoberfest before, where do the festivities take place and where do most of the SB'ers stay? Any suggestions?

*** Breaking News ***
As of today (8 September 2007), Vortex has lowered the daily diving fee from $32 to $19!
*** Breaking News ***

Wooooo Hooooo ! ! ! !

By the way, I'm looking for 6 divers to do a 2 tank off shore dive Saturday morning.

I'll make the arrangements with the Dive Locker, but I will need solid, I'm really gonna do it committments from any of those who say they want to participate.

These will probably be Nitrox dives.

the K

are Doc and the new owners finally "getting along" ?

I doubt it. This is probably someone realizing it costs too much to dive in that NON-Gin Clear water hole.

The web-site has not been updated. I'm not going to hold my breath for the price to stay this way until Vortoberfest. It would be nice to put the place on my list again for when other springs are flooded. If they make next year's annual pass worth buying, I might take advantage of it. I just have some doubts since the price was so blown out of proportion before.

Since I haven't been to Vortoberfest before, where do the festivities take place and where do most of the SB'ers stay? Any suggestions?

Some of the festivities, like the main sausage cookout, will take place under the Grandview Lodge. The majority of the rest of the shinanigans will probably take place near Campsites 1 and 2, aka The Kraken's den.

are Doc and the new owners finally "getting along" ?

The fence is still up and Doc still has his signs up. Including a new one at the head of the fence declaring his land Doc's Estates! LOL

That's a "pissing contest" that the new owners need to settle with Doc.

Doc's old, has nothing but time on his hands and nothing to loose in this battle.

The new owners of Vortex have everything to loose.

It will be interesting to see what the outcome will be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom