Trailer Stolen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:popcorn:

That sucks about the trailer. I hope you are able to get bigger and better stuff quickly through your insurance company. Sometimes things like this may actually be a blessing in disguise (no matter how hard it is to see it). Other times it just sucks. I also hope you can personally track them down and get some justice.

Edit: I was mistaken about my reading of the law and am removing my misstatements to reduce confusion. See below.

Last edited:
I don't write the law... I just read it...

(from the link you posted above).

SECTION 3. Section 9.32, Penal Code, is amended to read as follows:

Sec. 9.32. DEADLY FORCE IN DEFENSE OF PERSON. (a) A person is justified in using deadly force against another:

(B) to prevent the other’s imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery.​

Ok, ok, I stand corrected: I now see another key word: or

And you're right; robbery does not have to be aggravated...
(C) was committing or attempting to commit aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery;

I'd still want bail money and lawyer lined up.

Edit: I was mistaken about my reading of the law and removed my misstatements to only to reduce confusion.

Last edited:
I hope the trailer and contents are recovered and I also hope a heard of tiny little meat eatin fleas moves into the thief's nose :D

The Castle law protects the individual against civil action when they exercise the legal use of deadly force. The Texas Penal Code says deadly force can be used to protect one's life or property but has stipulations that make its use a defense but If the crime happens at night deadly force can be used to protect one's self or property even if the criminal does not display a threat of deadly force and it can also be used even if the criminal is retreating. If the criminal does not wish to be shot it is VERY SIMPLE, Don't steal ! Its that simple.
Criminal, Turd, what's the difference?​

Chapter 9.42 of the Texas Penal Code explains when deadly force is justified to protect one's property:
.42 9 Deadly Force to Protect Property
"A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect his property to the degree he reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, theft during the nighttime or criminal mischief during the nighttime, and he reasonably believes that the property cannot be protected by any other means."
"A person is justified in using deadly force against another to pervent the other who is fleeing after committing burglary, robbery, or theft during the nighttime, from escaping with the property and he reasonable believes that the property cannot be recovered by any other means; or, the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the property would expose him or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury. (Nighttime is defined as the period 30 minutes after sunset until 30 minutes before sunrise.)"​

The Castle Law in Texas
The Texas law protects citizens when an intruder is:
1.) committing certain violent crimes 2.) unlawfully trying to enter a protected place or, 3.) unlawfully trying to remove a person from a protected place.

The law also provides civil immunity for a person who lawfully uses deadly force in the above circumstances.

I do have security cameras up, after a rash of thefts around my neighborhood to the vehicles I put up cameras to find the pattern as they were hitting the area at what seamed like once a week, I got jacked like 3 times.

So I put empty .45 cases in my glove compartment etc (all the areas they went through) and watched the cameras waiting to find the pattern to catch them but they got caught before I got anything on camera.

But now I use the camera to keep an eye on the kids, and I've even nailed some kids egging the house, one of which I gave their mother a copy of the video (he was in the hot sun scrubbing egg for hours :) )

I even managed to get video of an attempted robbery of a neighbors house, the neighbor knows I have cameras so I gave them a copy of the video.

If you have video, even if you dont' get the plates you get more information such as number of people, male, female, black/white/tall/short/fat etc and the EXACT time it happened.

Most of what I see on my cameras is kids being stupid kids, some of it I have to laugh at. One morning I woke up and every trash can down both streets was knocked over and trash spread all over with some cans as far away as two houses down. So I pulled up the video and saw a car full of kids driving down the street ramming the trash cans with their car at a fairly high speed!

So yea, security camera may not be the smoking gun to protect your property, but they can give you additional information, and be ammusing at times.

heh, all this and I don't live in a bad neighberhood, city life I suppose.

did you get your trailer back? or was it held up with the court/trial as evidence?

Got it back minus my bike ramp which was also chain to it.
At less my HD wasn't on it:D

Mike

next time, hook an electric fence "charger" to your trailer tongue.

then make sure to aim the camera on the trailer.... just so you can watch when they grab it. :rofl3:

Might win $10,000 with it on AFV

Mike

You know, if you do that, and you appropriately create your own circuit board with appropriate resistors and transistors, you can use that "touch contact" of the trailer to trigger the recording of the cameras. . . . . . . . . I am just sayin' . . .. . . . . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom