Trailer Stolen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TxIceDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Around 04:15 Yesterday morning I awoke to the sound of someone pounding on metal outside my house. I looked out the window in front of my house and didn't see anything, then the pounding stopped and I heard a vehicle drive off. I went to the other side of my house to see if something was going on over there and discovered that the pounding was someone breaking the tongue locks (there were 2) off of my trailer and stealing it.

I hopped in the car to see if I could possibly catch up to them driving down the street, but was just a little too slow to determine where they went. I filed a police report on the trailer and will consult with my insurance agent on Monday, but I suspect that I will never see that trailer again. Though the trailer is an unusual size to see on the road.

The trailer is a White Wells Cargo 4x6 mini-wagon. Inside were 3 tanks, a pop-up canopy and a roll-up camping table. The tanks are 1 Luxfer Purple AL80, 1 Luxfer brushed AL80 and a old red steel 72 with a J-valve. The might have 'R. Cook' written around the neck with a sharpie on them. If any of the local dive shop owners see someone coming in to try to sell these, they are stolen.

Luckily, I wasn't getting ready to go anywhere, as there might have been much more gear in it. Still all in all, I am estimating total replacement value around $3000.

I hope that is turns up somewhere and I at least get the trailer back and they catch the guys that took it. For the people that did this, if they don't get caught, at least I know that their souls will burn in hell for an eternity.

Randy

Sorry to hear about your loss, hopefully the authorities will recovery it.

Anyone that steals from someone else should be hanged without a jury. Their is absolutely no reason to steal.

Sorry to hear about your loss, hopefully the authorities will recovery it.

Anyone that steals from someone else should be hanged without a jury. Their is absolutely no reason to steal.

Amen brother....Should drag him under...

Randy, sorry to hear some creeps stole the dive trailer, I hope you at least you get it back or get possitive word from your insurance agent.

That sucks. I hope you get your trailer back, or, failing that, get a couple of hours alone with the scumbags who stole it

This is the kind of thing that really burns my ass. And why the any law that says you cannot use lethal force to protect your person, home, or property is Bull Shiite! If that had been your tools for your job it could have cost you a job that would have put food on your family's table. Or paid your mortgage. For these reasons it should perfectly ok to kill a person who is stealing from you. When lowlife's see that if they steal a car, break into a home, or steal personal property that they may die and no one is going to do a thing about it they may think twice.

That's why the Southwest thinks the way they do!!!

Unfortuantely tis the season...our local scuba shop was broken into last week too. Hopefully you will get your trailer back and maybe one of the local shops will get the tanks in and can catch the dirtbags.

This is the kind of thing that really burns my ass. And why the any law that says you cannot use lethal force to protect your person, home, or property is Bull Shiite!

To the last of my knowledge, Texans can use lethal force to protect life and property. My preferred choice of home defense is a 12 gauge shotgun with 00 buck. :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom