Trailer Stolen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Major sucketh. :mad:

To the last of my knowledge, Texans can use lethal force to protect life and property. My preferred choice of home defense is a 12 gauge shotgun with 00 buck. :crafty:

That would be the Castle Law

My preference is 165 grain powerball pushing about 1260fps, problem is you are responsble for everything your bullet hits, shotgun spits out lots of things you have to be repsonsible for instead of just 1 thing you need to be responsible for.

If anyone plans on defending their home and propertly with lethal force I would highly recommend at a minimum taking a CHL class to get a better understanding of the way the laws work and it will also help provide some protection against civil lawsuits.

The use of lethal force would have been a little iffy since there was no assault, the domicile had not been entered, and aggravated robbery was not involved.

Castle Law in Texas

Long form: http://www.rc123.com/texas_castle_doctrine.html

Edit: I was mistaken about my reading of the law. See below.

Last edited:
The use of lethal force would have been a little iffy since there was no assault, the domicile had not been entered, and aggravated robbery was not involved.

Castle Law in Texas

Long form: http://www.rc123.com/texas_castle_doctrine.html

Castle law does extend to your vehicles, no aggravated robbery needed.

The REAL question you need to ask yourself is - which is cheaper, the value of the trailer or the a lawyer fees from proving you were in the right.

Just because its written in the law doesn't mean you won't have to defend yourself in court, which means you need to pay the rats, I mean lawyers.

Edit: I was mistaken about my reading of the law and am removing my misstatements to reduce confusion. See below.

Last edited:
Yes it does, but is a parked trailer considered one? Don't think so. See....
(1) knew or had reason to believe that the person against whom the force was used:

(A) unlawfully and with force entered, or was attempting to enter unlawfully and with force, the actor’s occupied habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment;

Define Vehicle:
- a conveyance that transports people or objects

seems to me that a trailer would meet the legal definition of a vehicle.

Keeping a well prepared camea handy seems a better course.

yeah.... then you can show all your friends how you shot a pic of the guys as they were hauling off your stuff. :rofl3:

I don't think so..... :no:

I had a trailer stolen when I was in Port Arthur, Tx.
It was inside a gated apt. complex and chained to the fence pole and tongue lock.
It only cost $450 new. About 6 months late Groves, Tx police did a drug raid and my trailer was found in his front yard. The case with the drug charges went to court 3 times that I got subpoenaed for I still don't know what happened.
I hope you get a good deal with Ins.

Mike

I had a trailer stolen when I was in Port Arthur, Tx.
It was inside a gated apt. complex and chained to the fence pole and tongue lock.
It only cost $450 new. About 6 months late Groves, Tx police did a drug raid and my trailer was found in his front yard. The case with the drug charges went to court 3 times that I got subpoenaed for I still don't know what happened.
I hope you get a good deal with Ins.

Mike

did you get your trailer back? or was it held up with the court/trial as evidence?

Edit: I was mistaken about my reading of the law and am removing my misstatements to reduce confusion. See below.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom