The Sandbar Grand Cayman is a Fraud/Scam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry...thought you were Eric. But that would explain why they seem to think I'm calling them.

Oh well, at least people who search them will have fair warning now to really exercise due diligence.

It's important to remember that there was a requirement to fill out the Immigration forms
for work permits in the Grand Caymans. These forms are full of personal information. It is
unlawful to gain access to this sort of personal information under false pretense. Or put
another way, the hiring could be a front, in order to get your personal information, including
your picture. This is what really concerns me, even more than the money, time, and duress.

It's important to remember that there was a requirement to fill out the Immigration forms
for work permits in the Grand Caymans. These forms are full of personal information. It is
unlawful to gain access to this sort of personal information under false pretense. Or put
another way, the hiring could be a front, in order to get your personal information, including
your picture. This is what really concerns me, even more than the money, time, and duress.

so when you reported this to the sheriff/police.... what did they do?

did they arrest or press charges against anyone?

Did they find any wrongdoing?

anything?

When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. They have been in contact with me. I think they are getting frustated with me. I will not commit to anything. It has been my experience that if an employer is interested, they make a commitment to provide the references to establish thier ligitamacy. They have not done so.
BEWARE!
Safe diving everyone,
Michelle

I got a call from Jon there last night. He doesn't want to come on here and post anything but wants this thread to stop.

I told him to provide me with a way to verify and satisfy to me that they are legit and I would post so here. Hopefully I hear from them soon.

I got a call from Jon there last night. He doesn't want to come on here and post anything but wants this thread to stop.

I told him to provide me with a way to verify and satisfy to me that they are legit and I would post so here. Hopefully I hear from them soon.

he wants the thread to stop? stop free speech on the internet?

the same Internet that he used to advertise with? heh...

he wants the thread to stop? stop free speech on the internet?

the same Internet that he used to advertise with? heh...

sorry, should have said the bashing or bad comments to stop. He just said "it"

All I can say is, too bad. Provide something to establish your legitamacy. I dout I will hear from him again. He has seen my resume and knows my qualifications. I have never had an employer ask me for money or to even take on any expence in the hiring process. I have worked for 2 very sucessful dive operations in the Bahamas and in the Caribbean as well as own my own charter boat. Never seen anything like this out there.

It is an interesting thread. I have to say that looking at it in the round, it doesn't look to me like a scam in the classic sense of the word (ie. a venture set up specifically to rip people off for money). Frankly, the sums involved just wouldn't justify it, and the principals would have taken a great deal more care to conceal their identity.

However, there certainly does seem to be a lot of evidence of shaky business practices which have clearly put honest people to real expense for no gain. Props to those SB members who dug around to look into the background facts and contacted the principals to encourage them to express their side of the story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom