The Sandbar Grand Cayman is a Fraud/Scam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
this was buried in the first link

"In other action, the Santa Rosa Island Authority:

Granted approval for a floating concession boat to operate 600 feet offshore of the Quietwater pier. The business, Steamers Sanbar, is owned by Jon Eversmeyer who operates a similar business in Georgetown, Grand Cayman. "

Of course sounds like they were lied to as we know that there isn't a similar operation operating in Cayman...

Too funny.

this was buried in the first link

"In other action, the Santa Rosa Island Authority:

Granted approval for a floating concession boat to operate 600 feet offshore of the Quietwater pier. The business, Steamers Sanbar, is owned by Jon Eversmeyer who operates a similar business in Georgetown, Grand Cayman. "

Of course sounds like they were lied to as we know that there isn't a similar operation operating in Cayman...

Too funny.

Thanks, yep I missed that. There was another thread on the board a while back about the floating Stingray City Bar. I think the information was taken from one of the local Cayman news sources.

Edit: Here's the link. If this is all accurate is may add a degree of legitimacy if the two are connected. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cayman-islands/315814-floating-bar-stingray-city.html

So, how about these guys post the proof they are legit, simple enough. Or just turn themselves in to the authorities?

Either way, man the f*** up.

Old hillbilly joke: Hey, who's the guilty one that that takes the wrap?
The last one to the police station!

Reporting to the Authorities: Their trying to figure out what crime has been committed. The area of operations has minimal law enforcement capabilities. Defuniak which is in Walton Co. Fl. has very limited resources. There looking into any Identity Theft.

I have to agree to this post to a point " have to say that looking at it in the round, it doesn't look to me like a scam in the classic sense of the word (ie. a venture set up specifically to rip people off for money). Frankly, the sums involved just wouldn't justify it, and the principals would have taken a great deal more care to conceal their identity.". However, keep in mind that my visit involved approx. 20 + job applicates. So, figure on at least $400 a pop - minus the hotel expenses and then done once a month.....

In a nutshell, if Jon would just post a response. This would all blow over. Actually, if he was more straight forward, possible interested parties would have helped his business plan. I know I have access to capital. Shame, really just a shame. :eek:(

Reporting to the Authorities: Their trying to figure out what crime has been committed. The area of operations has minimal law enforcement capabilities. Defuniak which is in Walton Co. Fl. has very limited resources. There looking into any Identity Theft.

I have to agree to this post to a point " have to say that looking at it in the round, it doesn't look to me like a scam in the classic sense of the word (ie. a venture set up specifically to rip people off for money). Frankly, the sums involved just wouldn't justify it, and the principals would have taken a great deal more care to conceal their identity.". However, keep in mind that my visit involved approx. 20 + job applicates. So, figure on at least $400 a pop - minus the hotel expenses and then done once a month.....

In a nutshell, if Jon would just post a response. This would all blow over. Actually, if he was more straight forward, possible interested parties would have helped his business plan. I know I have access to capital. Shame, really just a shame. :eek:(

When Jon called me he told me he had spoken to you and you has agreed to post a retractions....

I told Jon that I would post an apology/retraction if he responded on the board. Still waiting. There is nothing for me to retract. My posts our simply what happened to me, a warning to others, and a message I sent to Jon.

Jon has been in touch with me. After I sent them my resume he called and was interested in hiring me. Since then I have spoken with him once, middle on March. I have received several emails asking me to send the 400.00 fee and to meet them in No. Florida. I told him I would not do that and if here wanted to meet me in So. Florida I would do so. Both of the resorts I have worked for in the past paid for everything and flew me to the destination. In one case I was flown over for the interview and moved back to the Bahamas with all my stuff at thier expence. I will let you all know if he contacts me again. Good luck. With the situation here in the states it is apalling that someone would take advantage of people trying to make a better life for themselves. It sounds like you all have done your homework, thank you for your efforts and warning new professionals in this industry.
Safe diving!
Michelle

I got an email with no comments today from barbara@thecaymansandbar.com. This whole thing is just at the silly point.

-------- Original Message --------

Subject:

I will post our conversation and an apology

Date:

Tue, 6 Apr 2010 18:38:27 -0400

Nicholas Piet <nicholaspiet@gmail.com>

To:

barbara@thecaymansandbar.com

Jon & Barbara,

I'm writing you from my job. I wanted to let you know
that I'll post the details of our conversation and apologize
if I have defamed your character.

But just know, I wasn't the first to do this. This all started
in a response to a posting on Spear Board.com.

In addition, you have every right to go onto the Scuba Board
and submit a rebuttal. It cost you nothing.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom