The Sandbar Grand Cayman is a Fraud/Scam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are not going to believe this.

I received a voice mail last night for a gentleman from North Carolina who claims that that he was scammed by Jon last November. If I understood the voice mail correctly he and two other of his friends were hired by Jon. Went through a similar process. He has spoke to Jon since then, Jon claims they are still employed, however the boat manufacture has gone belly up and Jon is in a legal battle with the manufacture, but Jon offered them a partnership.

I seriously wonder how many folks could really be out there?

Keep calling folks!

If you contact or hear from them again, I suggest telling them to contact the authorities as has already been discussed. If this is legit, no worries. Still not clear on whether the authorities have been contacted and are looking into this situation. Anyone reading this thread, that has spent money on this venture, I would encourage you to contact the appropriate authorities. Meaning Consumer Affairs for the state, and local law enforcement, where the incident occured.

NEWS ALERT: Re: The Cayman Sandbar

We have been working behind the scenes doing extensive research on The Cayman Sandbar opportunity. In order to proceed with this endeavor we need anyone and everyone who has paid an immigration fee or paid for a training/review dive to come forward via email. We will not ask you for personal information. The items we need are:

1. The date you made your payment(s) and to whom the payments were made payable.
2. The date you have attended the meeting or training dive.
3. A written description of what you were told; You were hired, Welcome aboard, When to report for duty, When your immigration paperwork would be processed.
4. Any other items that you feel are pertinent.

fraud.prevention@yahoo.com

Please consider at least leaving a contact number for us or the authorities to call you along with your contact name.

Once we have finished compiling all of our data, you will receive an email with a link to our online filing cabinet and a password to access it. Inside you will find every bit of documentation we have compiled along with photos, recorded conversations, recorded conversations with the Cayman Islands Government office, Immigration and the Royal Police in Grand Cayman.

We apologize for using a Yahoo email account, but to protect everyone in our group, we have decided to conceal our identities until we are notified by counsel that we may do so.

fraud.prevention@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Mike, I understand where you are coming from. I felt as though we needed to act now rather than wait. Today was a very interesting day. We are attempting to recover monies paid by divers like our group and you who have been taken advantage of, as well as anyone else who has invested in this "opportunity".

Feel free to comment more. I too have had to accept the fact that this "dream job" is not what we were promised.

Thanks Mike,

Here is a bit of information for you in the meantime:

1. Called Cayman Government
2. Referred to Royal Police
3. Referred to Immigration Investigator
4. Of the individuals that paid, that we checked, Cayman has never received a work permit request and has nothing on file.
5. Here is the immigration offices number: 1-345-949-8344

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom