The Sandbar Grand Cayman is a Fraud/Scam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was recently given a written offer from The Sandbar. They sent me to inspect the new trihull that they had bought as I was to be one of 2 Captains hired and to be hired. They paid all of my expenses and paid me for my time. When I found this forum, I informed the owners and they just laughed. I contacted Fraud Prevention and he was no help in getting me facts about this issue. If anyone can give me proof of what has happened, I would appreciate it. I told the owners that I will probably not continue with Sandbar and they said that was my choice. Send me any help to captcarlb70@yahoo.com. This is either a fraud that needs to be prosecuted or a case of vigilante injustice with only white pointy hats missing.

I'm kinda curious what the status is on this too... Friend showed me their craigslist add, guy was really chatty on the phone, but that $400 paypal request just screamed scam. Anyway I'm curious to see if they get nailed.

I'm kinda curious what the status is on this too... Friend showed me their craigslist add, guy was really chatty on the phone, but that $400 paypal request just screamed scam. Anyway I'm curious to see if they get nailed.

Do you mean, shown sometime in the past, or that this is still currently running? Has anyone gotten anything other than ripped off? Has anyone ever gotten this alledged job? Has anyone gotten a refund, other than through PayPal?

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread closed.
A civil discussion of a situation like this is acceptable- when the posts start giving out personal information and advocating illegal acts against them then the discussion is over.
If you beleive they've committed an illegal act then by all means report it to the responsible authorities and allow them to pursue a case against them.

If you had any contact or dealings with John Evermeyer, please contact Detective Brandon Russell at BrandonRussell@DerbyWeb.com or call (316) 788-1557 and ask for Detective Russell. He is with the Derby Police Department, Derby Kansas and is currently working on the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom