The Sandbar Grand Cayman is a Fraud/Scam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a call that went to voice mail from Jon at the Sand Bar from 850-304-1260 saying that if I have a problem with the way he runs his company, to give him a call.

Just out of curiosity, why did they call you? I've seen where other posters have called the company, but haven't seen where you posted as such.

Has anyone else been called back by them?

Just out of curiosity, why did they call you? I've seen where other posters have called the company, but haven't seen where you posted as such.

Has anyone else been called back by them?

I think they called me because I was the only poster with a phone number.

I was able to do some digging.

The guy that called was Jon Eversmeyer. He is related to a Michelle and Todd Eversmeyer. Todd is a PADI MSDT #56671 and is current on PADI Pro Check. Todd and Michelle are associated with a shop out of Pace, FL called First State Divers. On Michelle's mySpace page are pictures of her and Todd. Those same photos are on the Sandbar at Caymans page. The group of them seem to own something called Steamers Sandbar, LLC out of Milton, FL where Jon Eversmeyer is their registered agent and it has been in existence since January 2008.

I think they called me because I was the only poster with a phone number.

That's what I figured as well, which means they're reading the thread. Wonder if they've returned calls of people that actually tried to get in touch with them.

i called them and got their answering machine. lets see if they return the call.

That's what I figured as well, which means they're reading the thread. Wonder if they've returned calls of people that actually tried to get in touch with them.

no to me.

I am going to give a friend in cayman a call and see if these folks have a bus. licence, are submitting WP apps and also check if they have a watersports license and if yes find out who the Caymanian partner is (required to be the majority partner)

Last edited:
OKAY
So the plot becomes thicker.

My contacts in cayman never heard of him. It could be under a different corporate name (not uncommon to be fair)

I also called a friend who owns a dive op in Cayman, also never heard of him or the operation

Then found this Welcome to First Stage Divers - About Us - Pace, FL

So which is a true website? Living in cayman the last 15 years or running a shop in Pace Florida?

Also 15 years ago the Cockatoo was owned by Gregg Merrin...he was also my boss at the time. yet I still don't remember this guy.

Called another friend, this on in Pensacola,

Apparently they moved to Pcola a couple years ago from Missouri, so the Cayman thing is certainly seeming like BS.

he has been suspecting some kind of scam going on from these folks, it also includes some other family members.

Now of course this is all guessing, supposition and hearsay. I am only reporting what I am hearing.

I really recommend at this point it also be reported to the police in Pcola and maybe the FDLE and possibley the FBI as it crosses multiple jurisdictions and state lines. Let them sort the truth out from this point.

Somebody should quickly archive the web pages

It seems this is also his real contact info
Todd Eversmeyer, 5621 Dove Dr, Pace, FL 32571

Oh yeah, under Cayman law it is illegal to ask an employee to pay for work permit fees. they must be borne by the employer

If this is a legit business it would be a good idea for them to come on here and clear the air, otherwise every person who does a google search on them will find this thread. could be bad for business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom