The Sandbar Grand Cayman is a Fraud/Scam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just what ScubaBoard needs right about now.

Yet another thread calling some company a fraud.

Well, they say they PADI trian, I did a search on the PADI site and no listing for them comes up at all.

So you have a company who doesn't have an address, says they are in the Caymans but folks from there don't seem to know them, claim to be PADI but aren't on their site, phone numbers from Kansas but do the evaluation in Florida, make you pay for the interview, will pay for future IDC training and offer an almost too good financial compensation package?

At best they need to hire a new Administrative Assistant and a worst a fraud.

What is the other company that is suing SB? I thought 'they' were suing SB and 101 members for basically saying they sucked, not that they were frauds.

Well, they say they PADI trian, I did a search on the PADI site and no listing for them comes up at all.

that means nothing.

It is funny though there is not a single PADI logo on their site. I just pulled up three other 'dive operators in Cayman and all three had PADI logos on their site.

i called them and got their answering machine. lets see if they return the call.

If you Google 'The Sandbar at Grand Cayman' their website pops up on the 1st page and this thread pops up on the first page.

That is it. The rest is about Stingray City and stuff.

A thread that has only existed for two days is on the 1st page along with their site.

Pretty sketchy or their marketing leaves a lot to be desired.

Jon & Barbara,

Here is the contact information for Sargent Barley of the Defuniak Springs Police Dept.
(850) 892-8513. I also left a message with Mr. Powers an investigator. I believe he reports
to/works for Sargent Barley.

The reasons for calling the authorities is as follows:

Couldn't establish a business presences in the Grand Cayman's for "The Sandbar at Grand Cayman"
The fees you charge don't add up. You charge $400
Hotel room for my visit Jan. 23rd was $65 - Not $100
Immigration Fees for Grand Cayman listed on the form as $125
Dive Insurance - ?????
I had asked to see the insurance but after you offered us jobs, I dropped the matter
A year's membership in Dan plus Insurance is $105.00
Also, there are only a handful of Dive Insurance Companies and none of them heard of "The Sandbar at Grand Cayman"
SpearBoard.com had postings dating back to 2008 saying this was a fraud
You offered at least twenty of us jobs on January 23rd. You told me some of those didn't get through immigration, O.K.. However, You sent me the following email March 5th

"Actually we came up short on manpower.

Having one more weekend to fill out the crew.

We were at the builders this last week and were on the boat.

This weekend is fine.

Jon"

You never sent me a picture of the boat with you on it. You gave me the distinct impression that the boat was at the Cayman's by now.

You promised us a refund of our application fee, in my case $300 once the Immigration Forms went through. Where is my money? I know I have a clean background.
In my humble opinion if you produced a business license or some sort of document showing "The Cayman Sandbar" is a business entity in the Caymans, the Dive Insurance, a picture of the boat in the Caymans with you on it, and a submission of immigration forms this matter would be resolved. This request is not asking a lot of an employer by an employee or perspective employee.

I've spent enough emotional, financial, and spiritual capital on this matter.

My intention's were clear on ScubaBoard as they are now, I'm not trying to bring harm to you and your family, I'm trying to warn others that these business practices and policies don't seem to be on the level.

I just got a call that went to voice mail from Jon at the Sand Bar from 850-304-1260 saying that if I have a problem with the way he runs his company, to give him a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom