Cayman Airways Twin Otter Cancellation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I always pack my essentials in a proper carry on ( mask, reg, bathing suit, toiletries etc.) and Cayman Airways allows you to gate check right at the plane. You can see your bag loaded on, which is reassuring. If my checked suitcase does not arrive until a day or two later, I don't care. The dive shop has good quality BCs, fins, wetsuits, computers etc. that will still allow you to dive even if the rest of your own gear doesn't make it with you. Obviously, it feels better to dive with your own gear but diving with strange gear is still much better than not diving at all

I agree that Cayman Airways still has plenty of room for improvement.

BTW, I was once held up in in GC and had to take the first AM flight over to LC. Reef Divers held the boat for about 20 minutes and my buddy and I were able to do the morning dives. We were very appreciative of them and all of the other divers on the boat who were inconvenienced. Luckily it was a Sunday morning so new group of divers who required a boat briefing and lots of time to set up their gear.

BTW, I was once held up in in GC and had to take the first AM flight over to LC. Reef Divers held the boat for about 20 minutes and my buddy and I were able to do the morning dives. We were very appreciative of them and all of the other divers on the boat who were inconvenienced. Luckily it was a Sunday morning so new group of divers who required a boat briefing and lots of time to set up their gear.
LOL. That’s SOP at LCBR for over 10 years!

What's SOP?
"Standard Operating Procedure".

LCBR are so used to CA letting them down that the Sunday backup plan has become de rigeur.

I think that you got lucky.

When that happened to us, they refused to admit that the puddle jumper was not going to fly. By the time they actually sent a 737 for everyone's cancelled flights all day long, everyone's connecting flight was missed. Everyone had to pay cancelled flight fees.

We had to have the ministry of tourism contact the CEO of Cayman Airways to have our overnight hotel and some meals paid for. The check took months to get after they agree to send it.

I am not willing to have it my turn again. So we always bypass Grand Cayman and use the 737 from Miami to Cayman Brac. Now if they could just improve security so that we don't have to stop and go thru screening again in Grand Cayman on the way back, life would be good.

I think that you got lucky.

When that happened to us, they refused to admit that the puddle jumper was not going to fly. By the time they actually sent a 737 for everyone's cancelled flights all day long, everyone's connecting flight was missed. Everyone had to pay cancelled flight fees.

We had to have the ministry of tourism contact the CEO of Cayman Airways to have our overnight hotel and some meals paid for. The check took months to get after they agree to send it.

I am not willing to have it my turn again. So we always bypass Grand Cayman and use the 737 from Miami to Cayman Brac. Now if they could just improve security so that we don't have to stop and go thru screening again in Grand Cayman on the way back, life would be good.
You’ll have to petition DHS for that one. Building the necessary compliance on CB just might be too expensive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom