Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service?

Teric owners, have you required repair or replacemant service?

• No

Votes: 82 45.3%
  • Yes, repair

Votes: 35 19.3%
  • Yes, replacement

Votes: 16 8.8%
  • Yes, multiple repair and/or replacement

Votes: 38 21.0%
  • Other, see post

Votes: 10 5.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update - 3rd battery change seems to have solved the issue: it’s been 72 days since my last dives in Fiji and Teric is at 46%.

Will see how it holds up after my next trip to Raja Ampat in late December, but so far it looks good.

View attachment 751135
Ha, I'm down to 40% and it's not quite 17 full days yet. It went down 8%, to 92%, over the 1st two days. According to Shearwater, this is within specs, see previous post Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service? I have only had this Teric for 10 months, I have plenty of time. This is my 5th Teric.

1667224747450.png

Last charge august 26, 14 hours dive time since and it’s held at 26% since the last down load a few weeks ago, last dive oct. 15 and with continued crap conditions and travel it will likely be two weeks before I get a chance to run it down more.

Last charge august 26, 14 hours dive time since and it’s held at 26% since the last down load a few weeks ago, last dive oct. 15 and with continued crap conditions and travel it will likely be two weeks before I get a chance to run it down more.
I am very jealous of you and others who have reported ongoing good battery performance. I'm on my 5th Teric, two have been replaced for a bad battery.

My current computer is about 10 months old and has 7 dive trips, 128 dives, and 139 hours on it. It began with very good battery performance, as all have. It has deteriorated over the last several trips. Most recently, it decreased to 92% over 2 days and to 14% over 28 days. I recharged it yesterday and am starting over. According to Shearwater, it is still within "specs" as it only falls 8% over the first two days. As far as I can tell, that is the only benchmark they use. The Teric user's manual lists that recharge is needed after 3-6 months Teric owners, have you required repair or replacement service? I have had countless emails with Shearwater, discussing this issue. I am still surprised that Shearwater has never discussed this topic in public, on their website for instance. Is the battery problem over, does not seem like it?
1668264568475.png

I don't want anyone to get me wrong. The Teric is a great computer, if it weren't, I would have exhausted my patience some time ago. I have always received superlative service and think extremely highly of Dive-Tronix and Richard and Michele Morton. One of these days, I will get a perfect Teric, and my posts to this thread will come to an end :)

Two dives yesterday, finally after 4 weeks, 82 min and 73 minute dives, after downloading log it at 16%, back up is charging (was at 24%
57911FB9-B1F6-4BCA-BFE4-705F189E7E7B.jpeg
)
will charge the other one when this one is done. Keep on them, because when they get you a good one it will be great.

Mine was originally dropping 0.5% per day. Now it's up to 1.1% per day, and I was thinking about contacting them. From what you're saying, it needs to get worse before it can get better.

Mine after the battery replaced in April, the depth sensor replaced in August and 60 dives in September & October, 13 days after the last dive. It shows 92% charge left.

59680AC5-B7FF-4669-A412-5488F468925E.jpeg

Using the qi battery charger, for me so far, seems to work the best
288AA13B-6B71-4544-97EE-26CFEAD2C84C.jpeg
3C3EC143-CE7B-4E7C-AF72-1DD4F6540946.jpeg

i started using it because of the cover on the orange one, I don’t think it’s over taxing the battery like more powerful qi chargers.

When I got mine back last time (Sept.) the work order said :

"Only use the factory charger. Most aftermarket chargers are too powerful for the small teric battery and can damage the battery."

Now I can't confirm this yet, but per Dive-tronix using anything other a Shearwater charger will cause battery issues.

She sent me two Peregrine chargers to use as they are easier to work with than the Teric charger.

When I got mine back last time (Sept.) the work order said :

"Only use the factory charger. Most aftermarket chargers are too powerful for the small teric battery and can damage the battery."

The point of smart chargers is that the device "talks back". If teric can't handle the standard 5W, or can't talk back to the charger and throttle it down to 5W, then it's not actually qi-compliant and its Fine Manual should say in bold 96-point font on page 1: do not use qi chargers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom