Teric or Perdix 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Menu navigation is easier in teric since it has 4 buttons
Menu navigation is easier in the Perdix since it has 2 buttons

I decided to go with the Petrel 3. I am going to give it a shot. If I don't like it, I can send it back for one of the other two devices. I wanted the AMOLED technology. I don't see myself wearing the watch-style device. I really appreciate everyone's opinion. Love to be apart of the greater diving community.
I will say the Petrel 3 I have on my CCR is much brighter than my 2 Perdix AI that are 3 & 5 years old.

Some might say what you have is a "problem" :rofl3:

Spot on!! I have the floating compass on all the time. Instant North reference with no sacrifice of other information

LOL! I currently have 3 CCRs. 1 NERD on each, a Predator on one, and a Petrel on one. So, really, my only "extra" is a Fischer cable Predator that came with my first CCR that I got serviced and have never used since. I really should sell that. Or maybe figure out a way to add it to my Choptima as a monitor... Hmmm....

My only "problem" is needing more room for all this stuff! lol

Menu navigation is easier in the Perdix since it has 2 buttons

IF - and I realize this is a big ask - you can remember to just use the lower left and upper right buttons on the Teric, then it works exactly like the 2 button interface on a Perdix.

You CAN just ignore having an Up button and a Back button.

:D

I will say the Petrel 3 I have on my CCR is much brighter than my 2 Perdix AI that are 3 & 5 years old.

Yep. That is AMOLED versus LCD with LED backlight. And why a Teric screen can be just as readable as the Perdix screen.

The Shearwater Predator was an OLED screen. When they replaced it with the first Petrel, they went to LCD screens. But, that was not because LCD is better. It is definitely not as good. But, at the time, their ability to buy OLED screens had dried up. Nobody was making them in the size and resolution they needed for the Petrel. To get them, it would have cost Shearwater FAR more than what they had been paying for Predator screens and it did not make business sense. So, they changed to LCD.

Obviously, market conditions for OLED screens have changed and they are back to being able to source affordable OLED screens, to use in the Petrel 3. Yaay! :)

OLED screens also were (are?) more succeptible to burn in. I still use a predator that has original oled screen, and it's slightly visible in some spots.

I have 2 x Terics, 2 x Predators, 1 x Petrel, and 3 x NERD2. I have had a Petrel 2 and a Perdix AI at different times in the past.

Signed,
Your A#1 Teric Fanboy
:)
Is your company looking to hire? Asking for a friend. 😂

Petrel 3 came in today and I am stoked! Update done!

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

20D7CA22-34CC-4B4E-896F-78AC599982E2.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom