Info Teric straps have changed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome! Thank you!

They need to do something with their search terms or whatever. I did web searches to find that strap. I confess, I did not use Tern or Teric in my search terms.

And also, it's my turn to be a cheap-ass. $45?!? They were only $20 at CountyComm for the exact came thing (as far as I can tell). I still have one from there and I don't use both Terics at the same that often. I might just stick with the one I have and the Remora elastic band for the other on the occasions when I need to use both. Dang! $45!

And they say it's long enough for a drysuit, but they don't actually say anywhere how long it actually is?!? Come on, man!!

*sigh*
@DiveTucson

But... why?

Hard to put on, on a rocking boat you are trying to wrangle a floppy wet 1mm strap into the clasp. The plastic clips might be a failure point, but is much easier to put on. And plastic buckles don't fail near as often as people make it seem. More often than not DC loss comes from the traditional straps and buckle, the tail gets loose and then pulls until the clasp is open, and off the computer goes into the deep.

I have put on my Terics with NATO straps on many a rockin' boat. I put them on before I don my gloves. It really does not seem any harder, to me, than putting on my Petrel and fastening the QR buckles.

Also, my NATO straps seem kinda beefy and they are definitely on the stiff side, even when wet. Maybe they are not as thin and floppy as the ones you have tried.

@inquis - thanks. I found orange in stock at CountyComm last week. I HATE orange. I would rather stick with the Shearwater elastic strap and run the small risk of a plastic buckle failure than wear an orange strap. :D

Stinkin' Gators. It's their (and certain of my family members') fault I'm neurotic! Go Noles!

I dived with my new Teric today.

I can now confirm that the longer silicone strap is not long enough for me to wear over my 5mm wetsuit. Not even really close.

I have to admit I’m kind of disappointed. And as far as I can see there is no option for a longer QR strap. So, for me, my only option is the Remora elastic strap that came with it - which I also don’t like because it’s one plastic buckle failure away from losing my computer.

Pretty sad that the “irreplaceable” part of losing my old Teric is that a 17” NATO strap went with it and the strap is what I can’t find a replacement for.

You don't have to use these plastic buckles. You can just thread the elastic strap under the watch pins. This gives you two anchor points, just like a nato strap. I've been diving my Teric this way since they were released, using a Petrel strap. This scales from Drysuit to No-Suit. No problems.

IMG20240701103506~2 (Small).jpg

You don't have to use these plastic buckles. You can just thread the elastic strap under the watch pins. This gives you two anchor points, just like a nato strap. I've been diving my Teric this way since they were released, using a Petrel strap. This scales from Drysuit to No-Suit. No problems.

View attachment 848832
I think the plastic buckle he's referring to is the one in your photo.

Back
Top Bottom