Spring Meet N Greet XXX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even Steve gets it.

Ken
Only because you had two days to explain it to him on the way down last year :rofl3:
Ber :lilbunny:

I still don't think they understand the cost of the trip - or LACK of cost for the trip!

Maybe it needs to be explained again, with a question on the quiz, just to be sure they grasp the concept - $40 for the WEEK.

Even Steve gets it.

Ken

Well I understand it. is this for students only? I could sure go for a cheap dive trip I'm sure there is a couple of us that could carpool down. sereously.. how can we do this..

I know I'm hijacking this thread but I'm really interested in this I have 8 straight weeks off in March and Apil. I need to dive.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
:D It's all HER fault! :rofl3:

I can't help it if the students I have this quarter aren't interested in going to Florida for a week, paying $40 for the entire WEEK to cover their lodging and meals and only having to cover the entry fees and transportation costs associated with getting to Florida and diving. Apparently they have better things to do and want to certify in Ohio in the cold. Did I mention I teach at a university...apparently it's the school for the thermally deranged :rofl3:BesidesBer :lilbunny:

I am with TED, Do I have to sign up for a class or can I just come along and be the extra hand or the fat old guy that students might get stuck with in an insta buddy situation? I promise not to take them past the tubes without permission:eyebrow:

was that remark geared toward me

The wolves remark? No. I was actually hoping to get to bait a few with students but Ber has this whole protective thing...

I know I'm hijacking this thread but I'm really interested in this I have 8 straight weeks off in March and Apil. I need to dive.
Posted via Mobile Device

You must be some kind of technology guru or something, being able to post from a mobile device and all.

I gotta agree that diving would at least keep your mind off your other favorite hobby and besides I don't want you to go blind during that time frame. Rumor has it you are already wearing glasses to help correct your crossed eyes.:no::no::no:

Well I understand it. is this for students only? I could sure go for a cheap dive trip I'm sure there is a couple of us that could carpool down. sereously.. how can we do this..

Posted via Mobile Device

I am with TED, Do I have to sign up for a class or can I just come along and be the extra hand or the fat old guy that students might get stuck with in an insta buddy situation? I promise not to take them past the tubes without permission:eyebrow:

Let's complete the hijack. We stay with some friends of mine when we make this trip hence the inexpensive cost. I send her the cash to cover the cost of groceries, she feeds us like you would not believe. We cram a bunch of people into their house (they have a family of 4, I brought 13 people last year--that's pretty much maxed out for the house) and sleep slumber party style on air mattresses on the floor for a week. We help out around the house fixing whatever has broken in the last year and we dive.

There is limited room so students get first dibs. Right now none of the current students are interested but a couple from previous classes who haven't certified yet are considering going. I have 8 staff including myself with spots already reserved. I'm not against taking a couple extras since I know you guys but only if I have spots available after the students and staff have made their claims.

We can drop to PM's on this and end the hijack :D

I have 8 staff including myself with spots already reserved. I'm not against taking a couple extras since I know you guys but only if I have spots available after the students and staff have made their claims.

One instructor and seven staff! :shocked2: Ber ... that's an entourage!! Or to use urban lingo ... you got yourself a posse. :wink:

Let's complete the hijack. We stay with some friends of mine when we make this trip hence the inexpensive cost. I send her the cash to cover the cost of groceries, she feeds us like you would not believe. We cram a bunch of people into their house (they have a family of 4, I brought 13 people last year--that's pretty much maxed out for the house) and sleep slumber party style on air mattresses on the floor for a week. We help out around the house fixing whatever has broken in the last year and we dive.

There is limited room so students get first dibs. Right now none of the current students are interested but a couple from previous classes who haven't certified yet are considering going. I have 8 staff including myself with spots already reserved. I'm not against taking a couple extras since I know you guys but only if I have spots available after the students and staff have made their claims.

We can drop to PM's on this and end the hijack :D

I didn't pick the name warm water wimp for nothing. I have a shorty to go along with my extensive dive equipment of mask, snorkel, boots, and WARM WATER fins. I have $40 too.:blinking:

One instructor and seven staff! :shocked2: Ber ... that's an entourage!! Or to use urban lingo ... you got yourself a posse. :wink:

See, it's comments like that that go straight to the rabbit noggin...
:shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom