Spring Meet N Greet XXX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtxl1200

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Mark your Calendars ladies and Gentlemen. The annual GLWC spring MeetNGreet will be held April 24th through the 26th. At Gilboa Quarry in Gilboa Ohio. Hopefully To maybe ease the post's up in the board and make it a lot easier for the new people I have included a MeetNGreet FAQ. read it! and I will probably have to paste it 10 more times before the big event, but we will give it a try, and see how it works out. Now all we need is Ber rabbit to sticky this and we can start the planning.

Also at this time Take a look through the GLWC Merchendise thread and pick out your items now and Pm them to me so I can have another order ready for the MNG...

Here is MeetnGreet FAQ

Q: Who can come to the MeetNGreet?
A: Any Scubaboard member, their family and Friends are invited.

Q: What time does MNG Start?
A: Gtxl1200, CLDWDIVER, Barracuda2 Will arrive approximately 10:00am Friday the 24th. And will remain until Sunday afternoon.

Q: Why is it at Gilboa Quarry?
A: We have the MNG at Gilboa Quarry because we use it all weekend; we stay on the property the whole weekend. Some people have enough gear to fill a utility trailer and once they set it up, they like to leave it set up for the weekend. Also, we don't have to transport our gear to the entry points; Once geared up, we are within walking distance to go diving. It works for our needs.

Q: What is the water temps that time of year?
A: the water temps that time of year range right around 40-42 degrees in the shallows, and around 35 or less around the tubes at 60'

Q: I only have a 3mill wet suit; will that be enough?
A: read above on Water temps; that's your call.

Q: I'm not certified yet; I just started my classes, but I lurk on Scubaboard all the time. Can I come?
A: Absolutely, What better way to get ahead of your classmates then to spend the weekend with divers. Of course we won't let you dive? The evening campfires alone are worth the trip!

Q: I don't have a dive; buddy can I come? Will someone be my buddy?
A: There will be plenty of people to buddy up with. Usually just ask who is ready to dive, or when someone else says, "who wants to dive?" just join in.

Q: What it the camping like at Gilboa?
A: Camping at Gilboa is Primitive. It is $8.00 per person per night to camp. Just grab a spot and set up your tent. The end of the road is the gathering place, but some people like to set up closer to the water entry points. You can share spots; also there is not a one tent per spot rule at Gilboa. Read more here

Q: Will I need to Bring anything?
A: Gtxl1200 has his Camper trailer (the bunkhouse) with a Generator; he has most everything that will be needed. We have a pot luck dinner on Saturday; we ask that you bring something for that. Bring whatever else you might think you will need. The bunkhouse has a refridgerator and stove and microwaver for those that will be bringing food that needs to be kept cold and food that needs to be heated..

A Simple rule
What happens at Meet N Greet stays at Meet N Greet.

Last edited:
I will start.

Who is bringing what?

gtxl1200
1. Bunkhouse and taking reservations now.....
2. Generator
3. Cowboy beans if Scott doesnt come. those things are awesome.

Barracuda2
Toledo Kielbasa

Divin'Hoosier
Breakfast food

Jwalko
1. Sausage and Peppers
2. Buns
3. Soup for in between dives

Gnats
1. Portable Grill
2. ?

Kjvander
1. Beef Jerky

Last edited:
Ted ... you may want to edit your post to say April 24 to 26.

I'll be there. I'll also be arriving late Friday morning.

I'll bring eggs and bacon again for breakfast. I'll also bring something to share Saturday afternoon.

I have another Who's Bringing What for you ....

Barracuda2's bringing Kielbasa and he's actually going to cook me one this time instead of making me cook my own.

Ted:

I plan on being there as long as work doesn't get in the way.

Last year I brought sausage & peppers...I'll bring that again this year along with rolls for them.

I was also thinking of bringing something hot along, like soup, for between dives.

John

I'm IN! Thanks to the Coordinators for pulling this together.

I will be arriving after work on Friday.

I will camp and have full camping stuff, including a camp stove and small propane grill for the cause if need be.

Don't know what I will bring for the potluck yet.

GTXL1200 - order me a ladies small polo please.

what do you guys think of that FAQ like? Dislike? any additions??

I like it. Addition:

Q: Do I have to file a deep plan to go down the road past the tubes?
A: YES

Q: Will Divin'Hoosier and Barracuda2 once again be leading dives to see the sites down past the tubes?
A: NO!!!

I should be in....right now the weekend is free and it is penciled in. The wife and I will probalby show up and I'll have the tent and dive gear with me (if we get the check outs done before hand). and if asked nicely i might make a few batches of jerky to bring down.

Back
Top Bottom