Gilboa Quarry, Ohio - Blanchard River

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul M

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Here's a shot in the dark question.

I'll be camping and diving at Gilboa this weekend. It's been 6 years since my last visit and I've typically just stayed at one of the Inns in Findlay.
This time around I'm camping at Gilboa and I was thinking to bring along my kayaks.

I am curious if the Blanchard River there is good for a paddle (is there a put in), adjacent to the quarry campsite, or if it's better to go over to Ottawa?

Cheers!

Tent camped Gilboa last weekend and saw/heard lots of folks in kayaks float past. It's definitely possible to walk down to the river from the tent campsites, but it would be a bit treacherous with a boat. I reckon you could get down there in one piece with help from a buddy.

Tent camped Gilboa last weekend and saw/heard lots of folks in kayaks float past. It's definitely possible to walk down to the river from the tent campsites, but it would be a bit treacherous with a boat. I reckon you could get down there in one piece with help from a buddy.
Thanks
We managed to fing a proper put-in just a couple miles west off Gilboa on the way to Ottawa.

It's here, for anyone interested, take #6 south off Old State Rte 224:

1716904756707.png

Back
Top Bottom