Spring Meet N Greet XXX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Queen, I'm Cheryl aka warm water wimp (for a reason). Anyways, I planned on bringing my son's tent (small dome one-sleeps 4) just for changing and stuff since Ted's bunkhouse may be crowded. Ted & I both have air mattresses, so I'm sure you can use one. I even have a heater for it that runs on those little propane tanks. I plan on arriving early on Friday and would be more than happy to let you use it. I can't speak for the Gilboa bunk house, but it would be more fun to stay right in the middle of the action and not walk ALLLLL the way up the road to your digs. It's yours. Ted will be very happy help me put it together and stake it down for you. He's a nice guy that way. :girl::girl::girl:
Hi Cheryl, I'm Mickie, it's nice to meet you.

I've done a lot of motorcycle ride-ins where the "hard shell" accommodations we're a looong hike from the fun gathering area, I'll figure something out or just bring my tent and ridiculously expensive thermarest mattress.

So what happens if I show up the MnG? Where do I sleep? I thought I was offered the luxury accommodations.
I was going to PM you and see if you wanted to carpool but it looks like we're both the same distance from Gilboa...but two hours from each other (stupid triangles).

Wow it is looking more and more like I might have to pull the trigger on that new bunkhouse so I can have room for my harem. I dont want all of my lovelies to be left out in the cold dark night.

I was going to PM you and see if you wanted to carpool but it looks like we're both the same distance from Gilboa...but two hours from each other (stupid triangles).

Pythagorean's Theorem gets me every time. :)

I am still working out the dynamics of my mother's b-day party. I doubt I can make it anyway. I was just teasing Ted. But he knows all about teasing. :D

Wow it is looking more and more like I might have to pull the trigger on that new bunkhouse so I can have room for my harem. I dont want all of my lovelies to be left out in the cold dark night.

I say spend it then beg Bawaba for a bail-out. Its only money and rumor is you have plenty of it.

What didn't he like about your plan?? As far as tagging along without a deep dive profile plan filed---not a good idea.:no: I really believe that if Mike catches anyone doing this, he will show whoever violated his rule the front gate.

Mike said he didn't like that I had not been diving deep "recently" :shakehead: but I wonder if his decision might have had something to do with the dirty look I got last year when he came by on Saturday and asked "how deep can you go without filing a deep dive plan?" :no: and I said "120 if you follow the road to the sump".:wink: My last deep dive was in August of 07. Last summer I did a lot of shallow (60') dives and inland lake dives. He also thought I needed more experience in Gilboa so he told me to come more often and spend some time at the tubes but not to go past them. :rofl3: I don't know how swimming around the shallow stuff get's me more prepared to go deep in Gilboa if I can't go past the tubes but it is Mike's pond so... :confused:So far this year I have a short night dive under the ice on New Year's eve, and a couple of 80'-90' reef dives along with a shallow dive with lousy visibility in the inlet at slack tide from last week in Florida. I probably will get a couple more dives in either under the ice or after it clears before I go to the M&G but they won't be deep dives until the big lake warms up some, or I get approval to go deep.

I say spend it then beg Bawaba for a bail-out. Its only money and rumor is you have plenty of it.

Mitten, I am beginning to see the type of person Ted really is.

First he promises me the master suite, then offers it up to Cheryl. Then he starts the negotiating and bidding war.

Since Cheryl has seniority and Queen (Mickie) is driving very far, maybe I should just take you up on your offer and share your accomodations. I'll have my pillow and sleeping bag. Make room in the suv for me okay? :cool2:

You don't mind sleeping in the front bucket seat, however, do you? <grin>

Mike said he didn't like that I had not been diving deep "recently" :shakehead: but I wonder if his decision might have had something to do with the dirty look I got last year when he came by on Saturday and asked "how deep can you go without filing a deep dive plan?" :no: and I said "120 if you follow the road to the sump".:wink: My last deep dive was in August of 07. Last summer I did a lot of shallow (60') dives and inland lake dives. He also thought I needed more experience in Gilboa so he told me to come more often and spend some time at the tubes but not to go past them. :rofl3: I don't know how swimming around the shallow stuff get's me more prepared to go deep in Gilboa if I can't go past the tubes but it is Mike's pond so... :confused:So far this year I have a short night dive under the ice on New Year's eve, and a couple of 80'-90' reef dives along with a shallow dive with lousy visibility in the inlet at slack tide from last week in Florida. I probably will get a couple more dives in either under the ice or after it clears before I go to the M&G but they won't be deep dives until the big lake warms up some, or I get approval to go deep.

If you want, we could file a plan together. Mike and Jodi know my policy of filing a deep plan for every day there and I could use a buddy. I am a season pass holder and normally dive light mix over there. I also tend to take the same amount of breathing gas that I would on a deep wreck.

I want to go see Grimace. :)

Mitten, I am beginning to see the type of person Ted really is.

First he promises me the master suite, then offers it up to Cheryl. Then he starts the negotiating and bidding war.

Since Cheryl has seniority and Queen (Mickie) is driving very far, maybe I should just take you up on your offer and share your accomodations. I'll have my pillow and sleeping bag. Make room in the suv for me okay? :cool2:

You don't mind sleeping in the front bucket seat, however, do you? <grin>

I thought that Mitten normally sleeps in his dive trailer. :) There is only one rack in there for a sleeping bag to my knowledge. : )

Stash,

You aren't getting it. Although not being mum is what got everyone in trouble last year, everyone is talking about filling out a deep profile so they don't have to be mum!

Paula

Maybe if he didnt make it so hard to follow the rules by making the rules ridiculous he wouldnt have to problem of divers trying to skirt him...

He treats his "deep side" like the freakin' Doria... denying a deep plan to that guy a few posts ago with > 200 dives? what? Pony bottle Mandatory? what? ... and of course the obvious catch 22 position of "well you havent dove deep recently" ... well Sheeit Sherlock if you Let Me I'd GET the experience!!... uhg... whatever...

I'll enquire about a "plan" but he Sure As Hell Wont be giving me one... me with Only my OW Basic and 51 dives (Obviously unsafe! even when surrounded by GLWC members!)

I think he walks a Very fine line between enforcing what feels are Safety measures VS driving divers away...

Maybe if he didnt make it so hard to follow the rules by making the rules ridiculous he wouldnt have to problem of divers trying to skirt him...

He treats his "deep side" like the freakin' Doria... denying a deep plan to that guy a few posts ago with > 200 dives? what? Pony bottle Mandatory? what? ... and of course the obvious catch 22 position of "well you havent dove deep recently" ... well Sheeit Sherlock if you Let Me I'd GET the experience!!... uhg... whatever...

I'll enquire about a "plan" but he Sure As Hell Wont be giving me one... me with Only my OW Basic and 51 dives (Obviously unsafe! even when surrounded by GLWC members!)

I think he walks a Very fine line between enforcing what feels are Safety measures VS driving divers away...

Yuck

And you'd better not drive over 5mph OR ELSE!! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom