Spring Meet N Greet XXX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does anyone know if the Gilboa Bunkhouse has been rented yet? I tried to find email contact info for the owner and all there is is a phone number, I can't call during work hours so I thought I'd check here.

Does anyone know if the Gilboa Bunkhouse has been rented yet? I tried to find email contact info for the owner and all there is is a phone number, I can't call during work hours so I thought I'd check here.

Gilboa is a little behind on the times. All they have is a phone. They were working on having internet when I was there in the fall but not sure on how that came out. they have more than one bunkhouse. they have several different options so giving them the call and talk to Mike or Jody would be your best bet.

Gilboa is a little behind on the times. All they have is a phone. They were working on having internet when I was there in the fall but not sure on how that came out. they have more than one bunkhouse. they have several different options so giving them the call and talk to Mike or Jody would be your best bet.

Thanks Ted, I'll try catching them in the evening. :thumb:

What didn't he like about your plan?? As far as tagging along without a deep dive profile plan filed---not a good idea.:no: I really believe that if Mike catches anyone doing this, he will show whoever violated his rule the front gate.

I certainly will not be crossing him again. Hiding every time I saw him coming was just too emasculating. :lotsalove:

Well ... I didn't really go out of my way to hide from him. Heck, I went and filled a deep plan with Rob on Saturday afternoon. As luck would have it Jodie accepted our plans herself. Whew!

Denny, If Mike rejects my deep dive plan (again), Will you still let me tag along to the deep side? It seems he did not like my plan last year and urged me to spend more time at the tubes... (good thing he did not look at my computer from the first couple of dives there)

I hope Mike isn't a stalker or lurker on these threads! :D

Im seriously thinking of pulling the trigger on upgrading the Bunkhouse. I just wish I new what the company was going to do. Then I think so what if I lose my job, I will just let it go back to the bank. It isnt like I will ever need a good credit score again. Since I will only be making minimum wage. Ask John How Sweet the one I want is.

It is a VERY sweet bunkhouse.

Now about your air mattress bring your compresser we will get it pumped up. I Will use it. I'm not sure yet. I might give you the master suite since you have senority. Then Dave gets the little couch like he always does. I will give Gnats the Air mattress you got last April. I will work it out somehow.

Foul TED! Not what you said on the ride home from Chicago. Oh, I see how you are :cool2:

Or Gnats, you and ME:D:D Can stay up in the master suite. Just a thought.....:wink::crafty:

I should say "Yes, that would be lovely Ted", just to see you trip over your feet trying to backpedal. Lemme give you a SPORK to try and dig yer way outta that hole!

I have rented the apartment for Friday and Saturday night. Another option is the cottage and that is right across from the bathhouse. That is a little cheaper than the apartment, but the primary downfall to it is that it doesn't have its own bathroom.

The bunkhouse is just what it sounds like. It is a bunch of bunks in area above the office. For the going rate, you can put your sleeping bag on one of them. I have never stayed there.

As to the deep plan, I would be interested to be reminded why he turned down a deep plan for someone who dives deep wrecks. I would not mind a trip to see Grimace myself. I plan on filing a deep plan for every day that I am there.

I have rented the apartment for Friday and Saturday night. Another option is the cottage and that is right across from the bathhouse. That is a little cheaper than the apartment, but the primary downfall to it is that it doesn't have its own bathroom.

The bunkhouse is just what it sounds like. It is a bunch of bunks in area above the office. For the going rate, you can put your sleeping bag on one of them. I have never stayed there.
Since I'm signing on late I figured I'd try to get the bunkhouse, I just don't really want to mess with a tent and stuff. Are the Gilboa bathrooms decent or scary??

Since I'm signing on late I figured I'd try to get the bunkhouse, I just don't really want to mess with a tent and stuff. Are the Gilboa bathrooms decent or scary??

The Bathrooms and showers are pretty ok. Clean enough especially when the MNG is since were the only ones there at that time.

The bathrooms are nice Queen. And, at that time of year, with only our group there, if the bathroom is cleaned before we arrive it should be nice all weekend.

The woman's bath has a very nice sink area (decorated with girlie stuff like a home bathroom) a toliet stall and a shower stall with curtain. It is inside a building and heated.

Treat it like any other public shower and have flip flops. (the floor looks hard and cold anyway).

There is even a little couch area, if I remember correctly. Of all the quarries in NW Ohio, Gilboa's is by far the most comfortable and clean.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom