Scubapro Vs Mares kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Correct me if im wrong. THe R395 does have an adjustment knob on the side.:blinking:

The R395 has a knob for Dive and Pre-Dive, this keeps the regulator from free flowing when you jump in. The adjustment knob everyone is talking about, adjust how much resistance to start the flow air once you inhale. This allows fine tuning of the regulator without going to the LDS for tuning. The R395 will be adjusted by the LDS to tune the breathing restistance.

I would pick the Scubapro as my preferred regulator.

The R395 does not have a diver adjustment knob. It does have a viva knob (dive-predive) that "assist" the cradking effort. If you are diving cold water, go with a MK17 with the G250V.

cbrich types faster than me.

Faster than me too. Guess that's what happens when you step away for a few minutes to head to work..:D

So imagine i buy the reg tomoro right, i have to contact the DLR to adjust my reg? And what should i tell him? im buying the MR17/R395 WITH the R395 oct. Thanks for all your help guys. I didnt imagine to get all this response :)

An R395 as either the primary or octo can be adjusted to an inhalation effort of about 1.1 to 1.2" of water and still be stable in the water. I'd ask for them to be adjusted to that. That is important as not every R395 can reach that level.

In my experience, you get a little more variation in the R290/390 series as the factory specs are closer to 1.4" of water and that is not great performance.

Again, if you get a balanced second stage, you will never regret and will never outgrow it - you can't really say that about the unbalanced R series second stages.

so i ask the guys im buying from to aDJUST TO AN INHALATION EFFORT OF ABOUT 1.1 TO 1.2'' what do u mean by that? what would be the difference if i wouldn`t tell them to adjust it ? will i have to make more effort to inhale or less? will i loose more air or save it ? the mk 17 is balanced and the second stage R395 is n0t.

Thank you and sorry for my ignorance.

The 1.2" that DA mentions is a measurement that a tech uses when setting up a reg. If you brought your reg to me and told me you wanted it set at 1.2" I would know what you were looking for. I could explain what the measurement is derived from but DA will probably do a better job than I could. A 395 will breathe rather well when tuned to 1.2". Still not as good as a S600 or G250V, but not bad either.

Please help me Da aquamaster :wink: Another thing, Should i exchange the octopus R295 to the R395? thanks.

hopefully i have nothing else stupid to ask you about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom