Scubapro Vs Mares kits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wow thats harsh.

Not really. When you tune a second stage you put it in bucket of water with the mouthpiece up and tune it until the free flow starts at the required depth in inches of water

If they don't know anything about this then they are not capable of doing any servicing and probably get the job done outside

I would not go to that shop myself

Thanks Interceptor. Most good shop's staff understand the concepts, as Interceptor outlined, of how a regulator functions. They may not have the tools or specific knowledge to adjust the reg but the underlying idea of how it functions and such terms as 'column inches of water' should be familiar.

Would you want to buy a car from someone who doesn't know how turbocharging works?

Defenatly not ..... thanks for your help... il have to find another shop.

can`t i adjust it myselph or is it too complicated?

Adjusting a mares would require an intermediate pressure gauge and a special 5.5mm hex drive screwdriver

Scubapro is more complex and you need to unplug the second stage to adjust the orifice not for new comers

You are just getting your first regulator find a reliable shop...

wow thats harsh.

....sounds harsh at first glance, but it's really not......any shop that said to me 'we only sell 'em' is a shop I'd immediately RUN from ! A real dive shop can adjust it/inspect it while you wait...versus shipping a reg away and back again, wasting 2 weeks and costing you shipping $....the real dive shop can spend 5 - 10 min RIGHT NOW and get such a trivial adjustment done immediately....if this doesn't make sense to you, trust me, one day it will...especially the day before the 'big trip' and you discover a reg problem.......

Back
Top Bottom