Scubapro G2 v. Shearwater Perdix AI v. Suunto Eon Steel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That doesn't appear to be the case here. Nothing about his description of the dive implied that he had incurred any type of deco obligation. If the computer thought he was in danger of excessive bubbling because of his dive profile, it certainly wouldn't take 48 hours for them to clear. Any why add on another 24 hour no-fly penalty on top of it?
The lock out is described in detail in the user's manual. Any deviation would be dysfunction.

The lock out is described in detail in the user's manual. Any deviation would be dysfunction.
Eon core locked my fiancé out cause of a low battery…it didn’t even die..just a low battery/

In Buhlman ZH-L16 ADT MB it does, but not in Buhlmann with GF. I found it very odd, maybe a disincentive to use the latter. No entry of RBT tank pressure in Buhlamann with GF. Maybe the G3 will be better. Details, details, details...
View attachment 709750

That is VERY odd and not good. Do you know from your using it or just reading the manual?

That doesn't appear to be the case here. Nothing about his description of the dive implied that he had incurred any type of deco obligation. If the computer thought he was in danger of excessive bubbling because of his dive profile, it certainly wouldn't take 48 hours for them to clear. Any why add on another 24 hour no-fly penalty on top of it?
The Suunto did not download this dive so I cannot figure out what it thinks or anything else that might be instructive to learn about this experience. It downloaded the rest of the dives of this trip.

All computers will lock you out for a critically low battery level.
Depends what you mean by "lock you out". My Perdix keeps going even when the battery indicator is red. The one time the battery actually died, the computer was still working right up until it wasn't (a minute or two after completing my dive).

I wouldn't call this a lock out as such as the battery just dying and no longer holding enough charge to run the screen.

Depends what you mean by "lock you out". My Perdix keeps going even when the battery indicator is red. The one time the battery actually died, the computer was still working right up until it wasn't (a minute or two after completing my dive).

I wouldn't call this a lock out as such as the battery just dying and no longer holding enough charge to run the screen.

All computers I am familiar with, would not go into dive mode if the battery level is below a certain threshhold. Perhaps if they are already in a dive they would get you up to the surface but if the threshhold is reached before going down, they won't go into dive mode. This is very prudent and actually a smart thing. Why on earth would a dive computer let you go in a dive when it senses that it is about to run out of juice and would die during a dive? That would be very shiitie design.

All computers I am familiar with, would not go into dive mode if the battery level is below a certain threshhold. Perhaps if they are already in a dive they would get you up to the surface but if the threshhold is reached before going down, they won't go into dive mode. This is very prudent and actually a smart thing. Why on earth would a dive computer let you go in a dive when it senses that it is about to run out of juice and would die during a dive? That would be very shiitie design.
But the report about the Eon Core said they were still locked out even after charging the battery.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom