Question Eon Core AI v Peregrine TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I "guess" that the old Aeris transmitter might work with the Shearwater since it has an MH8A marking, but I'm going to modernize everything.
As long as it still works, it will work with the Peregrine. If it doesn’t work, send it off to Oceanic with the service charge, and they’ll send a factory refurbished replacement. $120 plus shipping, etc.

No sense in modernizing the transmitter. The old MH8A transmitters work the same as the new ones. The Swift still transmits the same, but it listens for a free channel to prevent collisions. Really a non-issue for single tank/transmitter divers. Mostly a non-issue for divers with multiple tanks/transmitters.

It may be worth checking as to whether the Suunto Dive Manager software is needed to update the Eon or change any configurations. The Suunto DM software has been problematic for many. I could never get it to work on my iMac. It was part of the reason I passed on the Core and went with Shearwater.

...I understand from what I've read on SB that if the Oceanic MH8A goes bad, they will replace it for $125.00.
$120

I would use the Aeris branded PPS MH8A transmitter if it is working.

Edit: I see that my friend @Belzelbub beat me to it :)

I would use the Aeris branded PPS MH8A transmitter if it is working.
Interesting; Oceanic support told me that all Aeris stuff was EOL'd and they had no information or support beyond a potential upgrade program at a LDS.

Perhaps I should just send it in for calibration and let the repair department decide what to do; does that go through an LDS? Didn't see a link to a repair form on the linked Oceanic site.

Interesting; Oceanic support told me that all Aeris stuff was EOL'd and they had no information or support beyond a potential upgrade program at a LDS.

Perhaps I should just send it in for calibration and let the repair department decide what to do; does that go through an LDS? Didn't see a link to a repair form on the linked Oceanic site.
Hi @Holden SoCal

Does your Aeris transmitter work, if yes, do nothing, just use it.

If it is not working, you would need an RMA to send into Huish for the service linked in post #23. There used to be a Huish returns portal, that does not seem to exist now. It appears you email TAC@huishoutdoors.com with the serial number to obtain the RMA. A transmitter with the serial number prefix of BM should qualify for service. This was recently addressed in another thread.

There is a lot of good information on SB, not always easy to find. The search function does work well.

There is a lot of good information on SB, not always easy to find. The search function does work well.

True, and thank you for the link to the other post!

My failing when it comes to searching is that I'm learning the web of brands and companies. Like that Aeris and Genesis were married and are related to Pelagic (but the locals call it PPS), which Oceanic might know something about, but we're really talking about Huish.

I also know that when I come here, there's a chance that an old timer named Bob will have known Jeff that worked at that place when it closed down and kept copies of the specifications, and has a drawer full of spare parts...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom