Question Eon Core AI v Peregrine TX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attachments

• 9C0C0DC0-F9DA-4734-B609-DE9E00DC7EBA.jpeg
    9C0C0DC0-F9DA-4734-B609-DE9E00DC7EBA.jpeg
    182 KB · Views: 13
  • 9B099F73-3B8F-4637-8727-5E765AD4F9CC.png
    9B099F73-3B8F-4637-8727-5E765AD4F9CC.png
    390.8 KB · Views: 13
I have a Peregrine TX, which can link to up to 4 transmitters. The screen can be set up to display all of them at the same time. There is a total of 6 fields that can be customized on the bottom row.

Ah, that's neat.

To the original poster: the Peregine TX _also_ has a sidemount mode, and the Eon Core does not. I'm not sure if that's a deciding factor for you.
I have a Peregrine TX, which can link to up to 4 transmitters. The screen can be set up to display all of them at the same time. There is a total of 6 fields that can be customized on the bottom row.
Given these honestly rolling back time and buying my 1st dive computer, I’d go for the Peregrine now vs the G2 in 2020
The extra features don’t justify it that much anymore, just justify keeping it now

There was a notice at my LDS and I received similar emails from some of the online sellers. I did not see it referenced on the Suunto site either.
I had seen that somewhere as well, but I can't remember where.

I looked on Amazon just to check what their price is and it is listed with the transmitter and USB for $929.95. If I'm not mistaken, that sounds like the regular price without the transmitter for that computer.

There was a notice at my LDS and I received similar emails from some of the online sellers. I did not see it referenced on the Suunto site either.
Appears there to be the case. Saw it at Scuba.com

That reminds me. There are a couple of different versions of the Suunto transmitter, so not sure if this applies to all. On at least one of the versions, changing the battery is a dealer/service center thing.

It's not that it's complicated to do, it's just that the design has the screw threading into the plastic cover. Apparently, the cover should be replaced with each battery change, but Suunto won't sell that to the users.

Contrast that with the PPS style transmitter which is easy to do a battery replacement. A coin is all that's needed to remove the battery cap, though the tool that came with my Perdix fits better than US coins. Or, if you get the Shearwater Swift, it comes with a tool for the screws.

I notice in the Amazon ad that it shows that on a full charge, it gives 10 to 20 hours of dive time. The Peregrine TX is rated at up to 30 hours on a charge. I received our Peregrine TXs at the end of June and we've done about 10 dives averaging about an hour each and the battery is still well over 50% more than 3½ months later. And I've been playing with them quite a bit, too. They came fully charged.

I tend to be a SoCal beach diver, recently returning to the sport. My original setup was an Oceanic/Aeris hoseless air integrated (Aeris 750GT) that logged a couple hundred dives without any real issue and self-replaceable batteries, but I'm not even sure I could find the right o-rings for the battery compartment even if I wanted to (aside from ones on eBay that have been sitting for 20 years). I had it on a retractor with compass and loved having everything in one place, and am looking to get an approximate modern replication. FWIW, I don't see myself getting into tech diving.

I "guess" that the old Aeris transmitter might work with the Shearwater since it has an MH8A marking, but I'm going to modernize everything.

I tend to be a SoCal beach diver, recently returning to the sport. My original setup was an Oceanic/Aeris hoseless air integrated (Aeris 750GT) that logged a couple hundred dives without any real issue and self-replaceable batteries, but I'm not even sure I could find the right o-rings for the battery compartment even if I wanted to (aside from ones on eBay that have been sitting for 20 years). I had it on a retractor with compass and loved having everything in one place, and am looking to get an approximate modern replication. FWIW, I don't see myself getting into tech diving.

I "guess" that the old Aeris transmitter might work with the Shearwater since it has an MH8A marking, but I'm going to modernize everything.
If the old transmitter is still working, yes, it will work with a Shearwater. But, the current pricing for the Peregrine TX with the transmitter is $100.00 off the regular price of the two together. So it's not a bad deal if you do want to upgrade all the way. But when I bought mine and my wife's earlier this year, we both had MH8A transmitters from using Oceanic computers so we only bought the computers.

I understand from what I've read on SB that if the Oceanic MH8A goes bad, they will replace it for $125.00.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom