Scubaboard/ DEMA Meet and Greet BarBQ....compliments of our Fearless Leader!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just my Bachelor's degree actually, that's pretty crazy that you're having such problems with all that experience.

One of my roommates is a Ph. D. candidate in EE and he's even having problems (granted his are from being "overqualified").

T.P.H.:
Oh yeah.....count me in maw!

Very cool! Wouldn't be a party without ya! Be sure to sign in on the CALENDAR so I can keep up with everyone.

i know this is a old thread and all but i was wondering if anybody had made plans for dema yet (hotel) from the Dallas area and for what days you were planning to attend.

also what in the way of registration do we need to do to get into the event (ie those with Pro Credentials ?)

TIA

Dan

We've only got 77 days until the BBQ. Time sure flies!

The event will take place on Sat., October 16 at the Backdraft Restaurant in Highlands. They are closing the restaurant for our private party from 4-8pm. On the menu is brisket and chicken, potato salad, cole slaw, beans, bread, pickles and onions. The meal is free, tabs will be run for your drinks. No alcohol is served but you can BYOB. The gratuities will be left up to the attendees.

For those of you with map programs, the address is 411 S. Main St., Highlands, Tx, 77562 in case you want to track the route from your hotel or the convention center.

DiverG posted some hotels and their rates from the surrounding area HERE.

From the CALENDAR list and the posts mentioning couples and such, I think I count about 38 attendees to the BBQ. We still need about 30 to fill the place! I probably mis-counted. If ya'll wouldn't mind, send me a PM with the number in your party who will be attending so I can get a more accurate count.

Dan....I don't know what credientials we need. I didn't find anything on the DEMA website. I'll try to find out from one of the shops.

Divemaster, Instructor or any affiliation with a diving related corporation are needed to attend DEMA.

Pete..do we just show up at the admissions window with our DM or higher card? Do you know what it costs to get in? Is it cheaper to buy tickets in advance?

Dee, I'm wondering if it might be a good ideal to keep this thread at the top the page so that it doesn't get buried.

i'll be atending DEMA &Would love to drop in and meet some down to earth people and eat some dang BBQ

Back
Top Bottom