Trip Report Philippines: 3 weeks in Puerto Galera and Dumaguete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great trip report. I dive in the Philippines often but never in Luzon, so you might have convinced me to try somewhere new. It sounds like you were on the Divers Ready tour!

And @staggsSevin I haven't had a problem carrying my regs with me into, around, and leaving the Philippines. Anecdotal so YMMV. They do weigh domestic carryons sometimes.

Thanks @YYCLuke I'll leave them in my carry on going there, but when I leave Anilao for Puerto Princesa I'll go ahead and check them to be safe, and then check them when I leave to head back to the states.

Really great writeup and I love the comparison between the different venues !!

I stayed at Asia Divers in Puerto Galera back in 2018 and they were really great then. I am glad to hear it is still a top notch op. Their concierge diving is run very well and the guides are great. I agree the food was really good which I was not expecting to be a highlight! We had the ocean view room at the time and I would not get it again even if they gave it to me without an upcharge. That hike up the stairs is something else! I'm go glad to hear that you were able to make it back and had a wonderful time.

We considered Atlantis when we went and ended up not going with it because of the significant price difference. It was 1.5X+, almost double the price.

Great trip report. I dive in the Philippines often but never in Luzon, so you might have convinced me to try somewhere new. It sounds like you were on the Divers Ready tour!

And @staggsSevin I haven't had a problem carrying my regs with me into, around, and leaving the Philippines. Anecdotal so YMMV. They do weigh domestic carryons sometimes.
Not sure what the Divers Ready tour is. I haven’t heard of it. My first week was solo and then the next 2 weeks was with a private dive club based out of Portland, OR.

Not sure what the Divers Ready tour is. I haven’t heard of it. My first week was solo and then the next 2 weeks was with a private dive club based out of Portland, OR.

Trailboss123

Thank you for another very informative trip report! As a fellow Vegan, Vegetarian, I am always interested in the food options at different dive resorts. Nothing worse than having limited to no options when stuck at a resort for 1-2 weeks. Also, looks like El Galleon has some tec diving in the area and they are a TDI resort. Muy Bueno!
Sounds like El Galleon might be my next late fall dive vacation.

Love Asia Divers! So amazing. Their food was delicious but other options nearby also. There was a very very good female dive master there several years ago.... wonder if she is still there.

Love Asia Divers! So amazing. Their food was delicious but other options nearby also. There was a very very good female dive master there several years ago.... wonder if she is still there.
Alison is an instructor originally from Canada. She has been there well over 20yrs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom