Greetings and Love from Colorado

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OroTechie

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey Scubaboard Community,

I currently live on the Western Slope of Colorado. I have been helped so much by this community, especially at the start of my diving hobby that has since become an obsession of mine. So I have to thank you guys so much for all you have done for me. However, this is the first time I've decided to take the plunge and sign up as a member. And will hopefully be able to learn more and provide as much help to new and old divers alike as I have received.

In a little over a year from starting this amazing hobby, I have accrued 150+ dives, going from getting my PADI Open Water/Advanced/Rescue through Flatirons Scuba in Broomfield, Colorado (cannot recommend this dive shop enough) to now working on going down the Tech route to Full Cave sometime in the future. The only thing preventing me from diving everyday is winter here in Colorado (for now, but ice diving may be a route that I go in the future) and availability of dive buddies.

So, definitely give me a shout out if anybody is planning a dive trip anywhere that I can join in on or needs a dive buddy for lake dives here in Colorado or Blue Hole in Santa Rosa!

I cannot wait to join in on these amazing conversation here and meet the divers in this community that I have come to look up to for tips and tricks for this great lifestyle that I hope to be a part of for a long time!

Dive on,

OroTechie

Welcome to ScubaBoard @OroTechie.
Appreciate you joining our forum. Your enthusiasm will be appreciated by the members.

Thank you so much! I hope to be as active as I can here.
It's easy to do; when you are not diving, spend time here.:)

Welcome. I like Flatirons too.

Welcome from the other side of the hill. Some great mountain biking on the Western Slope. Have a slice of Hot Tomato for me.

Welcome from the other side of the hill. Some great mountain biking on the Western Slope. Have a slice of Hot Tomato for me.
Love the Hot Tomato, but haven't been out that way in a bit. And, oh yeah. Have put just as much in my bike as my car. Haha

I am surprised you only referenced the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, since the preferred spot for deeper diving is Rock Lake in Santa Rosa. It is on private property, and you have to be under the supervision of an approved instructor. Rob from Flatirons is one of those instructors. He takes groups there from time to time, although he mostly skips summer because he thinks Santa Rosa is too hot then. (Nothing like donning a drysuit in 100° weather before hopping into the lake at 60°!")

I am also an approved instructor and usually take groups there about once a month, including the summer. Right now the New Mexico border is closed to Coloradans because of Covid, and the Blue Hole is closed. I don't expect to take anyone there until the border is opened again, and for that and other reason, I don't expect to be going until late spring. If you want to be on my mailing list, send me a private message with your name and email address.

I am surprised you only referenced the Blue Hole in Santa Rosa, since the preferred spot for deeper diving is Rock Lake in Santa Rosa. It is on private property, and you have to be under the supervision of an approved instructor. Rob from Flatirons is one of those instructors. He takes groups there from time to time, although he mostly skips summer because he thinks Santa Rosa is too hot then. (Nothing like donning a drysuit in 100° weather before hopping into the lake at 60°!")

I am also an approved instructor and usually take groups there about once a month, including the summer. Right now the New Mexico border is closed to Coloradans because of Covid, and the Blue Hole is closed. I don't expect to take anyone there until the border is opened again, and for that and other reason, I don't expect to be going until late spring. If you want to be on my mailing list, send me a private message with your name and email address.
Haven't been to Rock Lake yet, but I definitely know Rob. Will be taking a tech course once we can find a 2nd and things start to reopen down there where Blue Hole and Rock Lake will be our dive spots.
Will he trying to get as many dives as possible (hard to come by these days) to get some experience with my new dry suit and a backplate and wing set up. So I'll definitely hit you up on that! Will hopefully be able to head that way soon!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom