Scubaboard/ DEMA Meet and Greet BarBQ....compliments of our Fearless Leader!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check the Woodlands too. It's about half an hour north of Htown, probably cheaper rates too.

Ber,
I use Priceline a lot to find hotel rooms. You don't get to pick which hotel when you place your bid, but they always use name brands and you can choose the section of Houston where you want to stay. I don't know if they reserve this far away from the date, but it's worth a try.

We have a room at a Dallas LaQuinta for this weekend. My bid: $35 a night was accepted. Total bill after taxes and Priceline fees, for Fri & Sat nights: $86.76. About the going rate for a moderate priced hotel for ONE night.

Cons: 1)Not being able to choose exactly which hotel you want, or the exact street, etc.
2) Once you've submitted your info, you're committed. No refunds.

Pros: 1) half-price hotel rooms
2) You can choose the area you want. I've stayed in Addison (high end section of Dallas) for a bid of $30 per night, believe it was a Courtyard by Marriott.
3) They have a new cancellation option, I think it's $5 per night insurance.

Anyway, I've been very pleased with my Priceline deals. I rented a car in Miami for $15 a day. I've also purchased cheap flights but unless you've got plenty of time I wouldn't recommend it- you can't choose your flight times, so of course they're red-eyes and can be up until midnight of the date you choose.

Good luck!
Foo

Thanks DiverG, Aggie and Foo! I appreciate the information as I'm swamped with getting ready to leave for Florida tomorrow. I'll let my instructor know what information I have and see if she had any particular plans.

Thanks again! Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Ber :lilbunny:

No problem. Glad I could help. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to DEMA, have no idea where I'll be then though (fixing to graduate in August and will hopefully have a job somewhere).

Sherwood/Genesis will not be attending this years show. I just read it off a letter sent to my LDS.

Zendiver, mikkilj and everyone else....don't forget to put your name on the list on the Calender.

Aggie Diver:
(fixing to graduate in August and will hopefully have a job somewhere).

AD, you have your master's or a doctorate?

Just curious. I'm having some problems getting responses to my résumés after getting my undergrad degree recently, and I have about 18 years experience in my field. Must be my major.

If you see Dr. Fossett, Dr. Albrecht, Dr. Saenz, or Dr. Poston, tell 'em I said "Hi" from the research program last summer.

They're not gonna have a clue who I am from the screen name unless ya tell 'em I was the one assigned to Dr. Fossett as my mentor. :D

Back
Top Bottom