Scubaboard/ DEMA Meet and Greet BarBQ....compliments of our Fearless Leader!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee:
Mikswi....We'd all love to have it close the the George Brown Convention Center but any venue anywhere close to downtown costs big bucks. And like someone said, Houston is very spread out and it takes 30-45 min. to get to most anywhere from downtown so some traveling time is inevitable. We'll try to make that as short as is finacially possible. Pete's cute but his pockets aren't fathom deep for this thing so we're trying to stick to a budget and hope all our SB buddies understand.

Greg....I hadn't thought about about Tom Bass park, that would cut off about 15min travel time. I've never been there, what are the facilities like? Do you have any contact info? Would Beverly have it? Could you email it to me if you do?

I'm hoping that folks who are flying in for DEMA will attend. The transportation to an off site location is the problem. For those of us going to DEMA, carpooling is a possibility. A couple of generous souls willing to be chaffeures (sp?) would be great!

Dee, it's been a few years, but the pavilions are similar to what's available at Clear Lake. Not sure if they have a pavilion as big as the one we have the flea market. I'll try to see if I still have the contact information. If not, I'll find someone who does.

I've added the DEMA Dinner to the Calendar

Please add your name to the attendence list if you plan to come so I can get an idea of how many people to plan for.

Thanks!

Dee I will be bringing my husband Don and I assume you are bringing Beast. If only one name is listed on the calendar are you taking that into your count that there will be 2 of us? Does that make sense :06:

Dee -

I'll be heading down with about 3 others.. Are they invited as well as we are carpooling down to Houston together??

parrotheaddiver:
Dee I will be bringing my husband Don and I assume you are bringing Beast. If only one name is listed on the calendar are you taking that into your count that there will be 2 of us? Does that make sense :06:

Hmmm...I didn't think of that. It won't let you list yourself twice so I guess we'll just have to post that we'll be a couple. I'll check this thread and try to keep an accurate count.

tx.lakerats:
Dee - I'll be heading down with about 3 others.. Are they invited as well as we are carpooling down to Houston together??

I don't see why not, hopefully we'll convert them to Scubaboard members! If we decide we need to do a pot luck sort of thing, they'll just need to pitch in like everyone else.

I'm hoping to make it, don't know if hubby is going to make the trip or not though. I have to get my June trip out of the way before I start making plans for more vacation :D

We could always take over a far corner of the convention center parking lot and have a tailgate party, I'm pretty sure we might be able to find a truck or two in Texas :eyebrow:
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber....It might come to that! :D I can hang the Texas Swamp Divers banner between a couple of trucks, set up our canopy for a little shade and we'll just spread pot luck across the tail gates!

Thanks for the correction on the date, Dee! I might be able to make it, but doubt my husband will. I'll let you know for sure asap. Thanks again,
Foo

There's also the Battleship TEXAS not to far away - one hell of a hunk of metal, ought to be worth the trip all by itself.

Re the barbeque it would be nice if it was somewhere with public transportation available but maybe that's not in the realm of possibility in TX.

cancun mark:
Out of the only two reasons in the world I can think of going to Houston for (DEMA being one of them), I have always wanted to dive in the zero gravity tank at NASA. Who can organize this for me??? How much will it cost??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom