Scubaboard/ DEMA Meet and Greet BarBQ....compliments of our Fearless Leader!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jeff, Tom, Anne! Wow Greg!
Sound great so far.
Ken we are looking at Saturday afternoon in Clear Lake for this shindig, hoedown.
LOL
Date October 16th noon.

well i will be making a trip to dema this year with my instructor and some other DM's of hers, but i will be there, do you need a bartender?

and hopefully i will see netdoc before dema as if i remember correctly he is going to be at noac in july (are you pete?)

tooth

Oct. 13th is far enough away that with some planning I should be able to hold off the work schedule and maybe make it to both!

Natasha:
Ken we are looking at Saturday afternoon in Clear Lake for this shindig, hoedown.
LOL
Date October 16th noon.

Well, have fun then. I will be on a plane to Las Vegas at that time. Eat some for me, OK?

Can you get good deals on a hotel in the area? I'm not sure how much demand there is for a hotel but, I cant imagine that everyone attending lives locally or drives in for the day, then home.

I might be inclined to fly out if I could control some of the cost's. Maybe you could try and negotiate a deal with some hotel? Shouldnt be too hard if you show them the size of the subscriber base to Scubaboard.

mikswi:
Can you get good deals on a hotel in the area? I'm not sure how much demand there is for a hotel but, I cant imagine that everyone attending lives locally or drives in for the day, then home.

I might be inclined to fly out if I could control some of the cost's. Maybe you could try and negotiate a deal with some hotel? Shouldnt be too hard if you show them the size of the subscriber base to Scubaboard.

Do you plan to go to DEMA also?
I have checked a Holiday Inn 5 miles from DEMA and 45 miles from the BBQ site.
104.00 for the first two nights each night and 79.00 for the last two nights of DEMA.
If you only want to come in for the BBQ on Saturday, there are several hotels closer to the BBQ site that I can get prices on.

Natasha:
Do you plan to go to DEMA also?
I have checked a Holiday Inn 5 miles from DEMA and 45 miles from the BBQ site.
104.00 for the first two nights each night and 79.00 for the last two nights of DEMA.
If you only want to come in for the BBQ on Saturday, there are several hotels closer to the BBQ site that I can get prices on.

Was thinking about it. But........I dont think I wanna travel 45 minutes from the show to the BBQ. How did THAT work out anyways? 45 minutes away........I dont know the geographical area so, I wont surmise.

Yes, I am definately intrested in coming. Even if I have to hit the show and then drive to the BBQ the next day.

Thanks and please keep me informed.

mikswi:
I'm not from Texas, I just moved here 11 months ago.

It is a huge state. Everything is 45 to 90 minutes away from everything else in Houston.

Nothing like Chicago where I come from.
Here, if you want to go to the convention center where DEMA is being held, you have to drive 40, or 50 minutes to get to a parklike pavilion setting for a BBQ.

We could have it in a restaurant close to DEMA, but that would be more money, and not as much fun.
Agree?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom