Scubaboard/ DEMA Meet and Greet BarBQ....compliments of our Fearless Leader!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's open to the whole board!
It's only in this section because the event is being held in Texas.

Dee:
DEMA will be held in Houston this year, October 13, and NetDoc will be making an appearance and making Scubaboard even more well known to the industry.

While he's here he wants to throw an authentic Texan BarBQ for all Scubaboard members who want to come. While DEMA isn't open to the public, this shindig will be for our members to meet and greet each other and eat some great BarBQ.

I know it's still 6 months away but I'm mentioning it now because we need an idea of how many of you Swampers are interested in going. I'd hate to plan for 50 people and 500 show up! Plans are still in the beginning stages but I'm thinking of the Park Pavillion on Nasa Rd 1 in Clear Lake, the same location of the BAD Scuba Flea Market every year.

So if you think you'd like to meet alot of the board moderators, other Swampers and at the same time eat some great BarBQ and fixin's, please let me know.

Thanks,
Dee
General party gopher
I'll take a spot

Hi, Dee!
Just confirming that this event is for Wednesday, October 13th? Hoping that's a typo and it's really on the weekend? Thanks!
Foo

P.S. What is DEMA? (For all of those who are now shaking their heads at me, I'm just trying to help you feel superior...hehehe.)

I've had some computer problems the last few days, I'll try to get caught up here....

Foo...sorry, I didn't check the calendar first. Yes, it's on Saturday, Oct. 16th.

CancunMark....only NASA personel is allowed in the NBL tank or in any of the training areas. As for GPS coordinates, good luck. I can offer a plain old street address when the location is decided.

Mikswi....We'd all love to have it close the the George Brown Convention Center but any venue anywhere close to downtown costs big bucks. And like someone said, Houston is very spread out and it takes 30-45 min. to get to most anywhere from downtown so some traveling time is inevitable. We'll try to make that as short as is finacially possible. Pete's cute but his pockets aren't fathom deep for this thing so we're trying to stick to a budget and hope all our SB buddies understand.

Greg....I hadn't thought about about Tom Bass park, that would cut off about 15min travel time. I've never been there, what are the facilities like? Do you have any contact info? Would Beverly have it? Could you email it to me if you do?

I'm hoping that folks who are flying in for DEMA will attend. The transportation to an off site location is the problem. For those of us going to DEMA, carpooling is a possibility. A couple of generous souls willing to be chaffeures (sp?) would be great!

cancun mark:
I will need GPS coordinates of any proposed bbq location, or meeting place and time near the DEMA convention center and shared transport.

Go south on I-45, turn left on hwy 3. Then go straight for aways and turn right where the two goats are under the Live Oak tree. Continue on past the two wooden bridges then make a left where the stock trailer had the flat last week. Take the second left after where the Brangus bull usually breaks through the fence and you're there!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

Foo:
Hi, Dee!
Just confirming that this event is for Wednesday, October 13th? Hoping that's a typo and it's really on the weekend? Thanks!
Foo

P.S. What is DEMA? (For all of those who are now shaking their heads at me, I'm just trying to help you feel superior...hehehe.)

Foo:
It stands for Diving Equipment & Marketing Association.
It's a Scuba convention geared for dive professionals.

Seal...you forgot the left turn at the dead armadillo! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom