Reg Configuration - Thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dear lord, I just liked a post from DumpsterDiver, what is the world coming to?!?
Primary take is accepted by everyone except BSAC to my knowledge that strictly forbids it, though they all tend to prefer primary donate...

admikar, go to 2:10 in this video to see what it looks like. I do prefer to put the primary hose in front of the wing however
Equipment Configuration | Global Underwater Explorers
If you go to this link as well, scroll about halfway down. It looks like the left post regulator from a set of doubles, but the primary slides over to the port right behind the drysuit inflator, and the drysuit has to be a bit shorter obviously.
I don't know of a single agency that advocates primary TAKE. I know of plenty that advocate for primary DONATE, which is completely different. And as an FYI, I have heard through some very reputable sources that BSAC is currently writing a primary donate/hog loop SDC (skill development course).

And as an FYI, I have heard through some very reputable sources that BSAC is currently writing a primary donate/hog loop SDC (skill development course).

It's about time. They took a lot of heat for their stance on hog loop/primary donate.

It's about time. They took a lot of heat for their stance on hog loop/primary donate.
There has been a change in leadership

Primary take is accepted by everyone except BSAC to my knowledge that strictly forbids it, though they all tend to prefer primary donate...

"donate" vs. "take"....

I see a Monty Python skit in this..... it's that "polite Brit" thing..... :rofl3:

We are (more than likely) horizontal in the water, not standing upright. This "triangle" mentality is really not as it seems (it was when you were kneeling on the bottom of the pool
An excellent point! If we are swimming in good horizontal trim, about the only thing visible to another (OOA) diver coming toward us, is that big (yellow colored) thing in our mouth. The rest of the 'triangle is simply not visible, nor as readily accessible,as what is in our mouth.

I don't know of a single agency that advocates primary TAKE. I know of plenty that advocate for primary DONATE, which is completely different. And as an FYI, I have heard through some very reputable sources that BSAC is currently writing a primary donate/hog loop SDC (skill development course).

accepted meaning that the goal is primary donate, but your configuration is optimized for the worst case scenario which is primary take. If you plan for that as the worst case scenario and you are able to donate, then that's better

As nobody (apart from DumpsterDiver) seems to think this is a good idea, I will revert to clipping my octo off with a plastic octo holder or magnetic holder to either the waist or shoulder D rings which will put it into a similar position to the recreational standard position and in the triangle.

As nobody (apart from DumpsterDiver) seems to think this is a good idea, I will revert to clipping my octo off with a plastic octo holder or magnetic holder to either the waist or shoulder D rings which will put it into a similar position to the recreational standard position and in the triangle.

DO NOT.. I repeat do NOT send me a cashiers check for $10,000.

why did you determine to do that as opposed to switching to a primary donate scenario?
As I already have the regs and hoses for the recreational set up, it makes sense to use it as I was trained to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom