Rebreather Prerequisites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There's a lot of mental issues. At least there was for me. I've been in the hunt for the rebreather for me, and have finally settled on the SF2.
Pete, how close was the optima for you in your research?

No off the shelf side mount option probably kept it from being my first choice. It was between the newest Hammerhead (sweet breather), the Optima (haven't dove it yet) and the SF2. I don't think I could have gone wrong with any of those. I still want to dive the Optima and see one in the not too distant future. I liked the rEvo at one point, but it's not an easy breather, I was surprised how easy it was to get a toxic cocktail out of it (no real water trap or drain), there's simply no way to side mount it gracefully and then, all the politics that surround it. If you want to be boxed into a corner, then it might be a unit worth considering, but not for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom