Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just received my ix3m 2 pro . It will be a week or so before I can get it in the water so for now just posting some quick pictures. It is huge and very bright - which for me is good because I have trouble reading smaller screens (which is rhe nain reason i bought this vs the ratio idive watch). Also the physical buttons feel very solid and now have soft menu labels above each button.

I wi do a table top review over weekend. Any specific questions anyone has I can try to answer.

Can't wait to dive with this.
you lucky lad. Taking all my effort not to order one and use my Dive Easy as a back up lol...not sure the Wife would be too happy hahahaha

Another positive vote for the Ratio customer service. They have been really responsive and helpful whenever I have contacted them. I have the iColor Deep, and been diving with it for about the last 6 months. I'll do another review soon.

They have just released an update for the iColor, which I think puts an arrow on the main dive screen when you have a compass setting. I've only done 2 dives since the update and didn't have to navigate, so I need to check it out in more detail on my next dive. It only goes into Dive Mode properly once you are underwater, so a bit hard to test on the surface. I'd love to see support for the compass reactivity on the iColor as well. I also wish they had a change log available on their website for the firmware changes.

Another positive vote for the Ratio customer service. They have been really responsive and helpful whenever I have contacted them. I have the iColor Deep, and been diving with it for about the last 6 months. I'll do another review soon.

They have just released an update for the iColor, which I think puts an arrow on the main dive screen when you have a compass setting. I've only done 2 dives since the update and didn't have to navigate, so I need to check it out in more detail on my next dive. It only goes into Dive Mode properly once you are underwater, so a bit hard to test on the surface. I'd love to see support for the compass reactivity on the iColor as well. I also wish they had a change log available on their website for the firmware changes.
Yeah I have had great support from their customer service also. Didnt know that about the compass, will have to give that a try tomorrow morning.

Is there a link to the online owner's manual for this? I could not seem to find on the website.

Just received my ix3m 2 pro . It will be a week or so before I can get it in the water so for now just posting some quick pictures. It is huge and very bright - which for me is good because I have trouble reading smaller screens (which is rhe nain reason i bought this vs the ratio idive watch). Also the physical buttons feel very solid and now have soft menu labels above each button.

I wi do a table top review over weekend. Any specific questions anyone has I can try to answer.

Can't wait to dive with this.

Is the review still in the making ? I am really curious about your experience with this computer.

No one critical about the pricing then ?

Ix3m easy 499 euro -> Ix3M2 pro 649 euro
Ix3m deep 549 euro-> Ix3M2 deep 799 euro
Ix3m tech+ 599 euro-> Ix3M2 tech+ 949 euro

That's a 30% price raise for the cheapest model and 58% (!) for the tech+.

For a software-update and a cosmetic upgrade of the casing.

They sure believe they have a serious Shearwater competitor here and are raising the prices accordingly.

No one critical about the pricing then ?

Ix3m easy 499 euro -> Ix3M2 pro 649 euro
Ix3m deep 549 euro-> Ix3M2 deep 799 euro
Ix3m tech+ 599 euro-> Ix3M2 tech+ 949 euro

That's a 30% price raise for the cheapest model and 58% (!) for the tech+.

For a software-update and a cosmetic upgrade of the casing.

They sure believe they have a serious Shearwater competitor here and are raising the prices accordingly.
No, there was no price increase, the prices you quote for the first generation were "special" prices heavily discounted from the regular prices that were advertised the last few months. The new version prices are still less expensive than SW prices.

The prices for the new SW computers are much more than the older versions prices. You got that confused it seems.

As for features, you got that confused too. It was Shearwater that had very superficial "upgrade" not Ratio. Ratio's new computers have substantial upgrades and enhancements in their computers some are obvious and some that are internal.

Ratio's new computers are indeed serious competitors to Shearwater with much better prices.

No, there was no price increase, the prices you quote for the first generation were "special" prices heavily discounted from the regular prices that were advertised the last few months. The new version prices are still less expensive than SW prices.

The prices for the new SW computers are much more than the older versions prices. You got that confused it seems.

As for features, you got that confused too. It was Shearwater that had very superficial "upgrade" not Ratio. Ratio's new computers have substantial upgrades and enhancements in their computers some are obvious and some that are internal.

Ratio's new computers are indeed serious competitors to Shearwater with much better prices.
I have to ask, are you affiliated with Ratio in some way?

I have to ask, are you affiliated with Ratio in some way?

Why do you ask?

I have been using their iX3M computer since 2017 and I like it very much. I have several other dive computer from other dive equipment manufacturers and the iX3M is the best I have used so far.

Back
Top Bottom