Ratio Dive Computers Announces New iX3M 2!! Our Best Dive Computer yet!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WIll say the Ration software for the PC is rubbish!

Do you know that they got rid of their older "divelogger" software and now use Subsurface for the logging function? The current software that comes from Ratio is used for firmware updates and some customization of the computer (including signal gain changes) only.

Do you know that they got rid of their older "divelogger" software and now use Subsurface for the logging function? The current software that comes from Ratio is used for firmware updates and some customization of the computer (including signal gain changes) only.
All 3rd party apps (Diving Log, MacDive, DiveLogDT, iOS Dive Log) with libdivecomputer support Ratio computers, not just Subsurface. Just want to clarify this. I just added the latest libdivecomputer version to my apps which includes support for these new ix3m 2 models.

For new buyers : Same question . How much difference is there really ? Should I buy the new one of just pick up the older, cheaper version ? (a lot of the same functionality in a less fancy housing )
Right now, I can buy an iX3M 2 cheaper from the US than buying an older iX3M from right here in Canada.

$1050 for a iX3M 2 Pro and a transmitter. My Teric offers much more than I need but is a great computer. A Perdix 2 Ti and Swift will cost you $1475. I'm only sorry that the Pro does not offer custom GF and SurfGF. Looks like Garmin is offering SurfGF, at least on the MK2S. And, of course, I run 2 different computers off my MH8A transmitter.

I'm glad I don't need another computer now and nice to see the advancements. I'm still holding out for the Peregrine AI for my use. I would hope that would go for a bit less than a iX3M 2 Pro.

$1050 for a iX3M 2 Pro and a transmitter. My Teric offers much more than I need but is a great computer. A Perdix 2 Ti and Swift will cost you $1475. I'm only sorry that the Pro does not offer custom GF and SurfGF. Looks like Garmin is offering SurfGF, at least on the MK2S. And, of course, I run 2 different computers off my MH8A transmitter.

I'm glad I don't need another computer now and nice to see the advancements. I'm still holding out for the Peregrine AI for my use. I would hope that would go for a bit less than a iX3M 2 Pro.

You think that if they offered GF's with the PRO it will be more competitive and enticing?

You think that if they offered GF's with the PRO it will be more competitive and enticing?
I want custom GFs and SurfGF, maybe I'm the only one. Without those, it's a no go for me. Yes, I think it is shortsighted not to offer custom GFs until the Tech+ model. Custom GFs are offered on the SW Peregrine. The iX3M 2 is a very nice computer.

I'm diving a 12 year old Oceanic VT3 along with a Teric, both off a single PPS transmitter. I have a spare PPS transmitter and there is a 3rd in my family. When my VT3 finally dies, I will replace it with a new computer running Buhlmann. I have little interest in buying a proprietary transmitter to run the new computer. Like many others who already own PPS transmitters, I will probably buy a computer compatible with my existing transmitters.

All my PPS transmitters are Oceanic brand. If they fail out of warranty, Oceanic/Huish will replace them for $120. I don't know how any of the other brands (Aeris, Hollis, and Tusa transmitters are gone, Shearwater now has the Swift, Aqua Lung and Sherwood still sell them), deal with this.

Reactions: L13
That's a great decision on the part of Ratio. Subsurface is the top of the line when it comes to dive software in my opinion. With it being their primary software, one can assume solid long term support.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom